Weber Charcoal Discontinued

I also agree that Lump seems to be taking over the market.... lots of different brands of lump to choose from, but usually only Kingsford orig or various KF flavored briqs to choose from at the big box stores in my area.... ACE carries B&B briqs sometimes.

I like FOGO lump quite a bit because it doesn't usually have those big long pieces that I have to break up in to shorter pieces, and it burns pretty clean. I don't like that we import FOGO from South America.... I can only hope they're replanting whatever trees it comes from down there.

"I like big briquettes and I cannot lie......."

🤣😋👍 I can't speak for anybody else but that made me laugh.
Ive done a couple of grills, and 2 more smokes with the cowboy natural briquettes.
I like them as much as weber. Great , big, ridge free pillow shaped briquettes. Not much ash, stay solid, burn long. The last brisket I did took about 13 hours, and I only filled up my extended coal basket about the height of the original Weber basket. It was a small brisket and I expected it to cook faster but it didn't really. Never had to shake ash down, The heater meter ran it the whole time. It started fluctuating a few degrees after I wrapped it and upset it, but never showed signs of going out etc, or having too much ash covering coals for the heater meter blower to control the burn rate/heat.

Give them a try . Oh, and no Kingsford stench and copious white smoke when lighting...

Mr. President,
I must inquire as to the availability of this product, it appears that it may only be available to you lucky people in the UK!
I expect full review at your next available opportunity. We have discussed in some detail of the coconut shell charcoal in the past, I find such products difficult in the U.S. Mayhaps I should inquire on society letterhead when or IF these superior products will ever be available in the U.S.?
With great respect,
Timothy F. Lewis
President U.S. Hephaestian society.

Mr. President,
I must inquire as to the availability of this product, it appears that it may only be available to you lucky people in the UK!
I expect full review at your next available opportunity. We have discussed in some detail of the coconut shell charcoal in the past, I find such products difficult in the U.S. Mayhaps I should inquire on society letterhead when or IF these superior products will ever be available in the U.S.?
With great respect,
Timothy F. Lewis
President U.S. Hephaestian society.
Mr. President,

Firstly I would like to say good news re: your safe journey to the cottage. That nip of Bushmills is well-earned.

I've done a bit of searching and it looks like this Weber product isn't available in the US. Not sure why. It does remain a bit of an enigma as to why Weber has decided to bow out of the charcoal market in the US, (hence this thread). It appears that cocoshell briqs are not very popular in the Colonies.

As you know I've been using hexagonal, extruded cocoshell briqs, (aka Gatling Barrels - Robot Turds), for quite a while. They are more expensive, but you don't require the volume for a cook, especially grilling. They take a bit more oomph to get them going, but once they are "off-to-the-races" they burn HOT! I've done numerous long cooks and I cannot fault them. I highly recommend obtaining some and giving it a bash! There are plenty of choices on Amazon(US) to peruse from.

Yours Faithfully,
TonyUK,
President, UKHS.

Coshell, (Cook's International LLC), have got good reviews regarding their coconut-shell briqs. A NY based company.

Last edited:

Back