Weber Charcoal Discontinued

Oh, and you are not going to tell anyone where you got it?
ACE Hardware in Yoakum, TX. I went to buy the big bags of B&B briqs that they had in stock when I got there and saw these beautiful black bags of Weber briqs right next to them.

I bought 3 bags of the Weber brand bricks.....I still have 1 full one left. To be honest I don't see the big fuss about it other than it appears to be considerably lighter on the wallet when using a half bag of something on a cook.
So far I am really big on the jealous devil and the fogo brands, I still have the big green eggs brand and Kamado Joe XL brand to try. All of these are of course lump.

I find it hard to believe that Royal Oak makes or made Weber briquettes...
I do believe RO is some cheap charcoal that isn’t as good as Kingsford yet Weber briquettes are probably the best ever made.

I still see it around here in some stores....Canadian Tire, Lowes. I'm in Alberta, Canada though.

I was able to put 4 bags of Weber briquettes on my bbq order I just put in on Saturday.
Along with some more Jealous devil and a rotisserie.
I figured I am breaking in the E6 on Saturday with a nice brisket I better make sure I can get the long cook in there without adding.
A few extras here and there and the bill gets pretty big, pretty quick.
Should see it in a couple of days with almost free delivery.....
They say free but then you start adding bags by the 20 pounds each and it quickly becomes less free......
My wife should ban me from that site.....about $3,000 since late February.

Home Hardware and Canadian Tire still have it here on the East coast for the same price as Royal Oak classic. Got five bags but need to get back to get some more. Live too far from HD to check there.

The place I just bought some from routinely goes out of stock.....and 3 weeks or so later the stock is back.
According to the web site anyways. I have a hard time too thinking it's made only for Canada, but if other countries are using it then maybe.
All you guys had to do was use 3 times as much all the time and the " demand " would have been there :LOL:
Not sure but generally when things go away they were not selling enough.

The place I just bought some from routinely goes out of stock.....and 3 weeks or so later the stock is back.
According to the web site anyways. I have a hard time too thinking it's made only for Canada, but if other countries are using it then maybe.
All you guys had to do was use 3 times as much all the time and the " demand " would have been there :LOL:
Not sure but generally when things go away they were not selling enough.
That's the crazy thing. It seems like the demand for everything grilling related went up last year....since so many more people were staying at home. Hard to believe the demand wasn't there.

I was only guessing, maybe the demand was too much and they can only provide a limited amount to all countries besides the USA......or provide for only the USA. It could spiral down to a loss on other product sales in many countries........if there was no charcoal.....maybe....:p
And possibly they make charcoal for a few other brands and get the USA money that way.......
I have no idea, to me it just doesn't make sense on why it cannot be found in the USA.

It might come down to return on investment for Weber. Here in my area KBB and RO are the same price as Weber. I understand in the US, KBB and RO are much cheaper and Weber is not interested in lowering the profit margin. So if you can’t compete in a marketplace you move to a marketplace where you can compete. They might just be able to in Canada, Europe and Australia. Just my two cents worth.

It's really unfortunate how expensive charcoal is up here in canada. I often hear about great deals down in the south.

Do you think Weber has any idea how good that charcoal is? I mean really, aren't they in business to make money? OK, so the stuff is not magic, you still have to know how to cook with Charcoal.... but I've used several different bricks and Weber's bricks sure seem to burn hotter, and longer than B&B, KF, KF Pro, RO, and Humphreys. If I could find a steady supply, I'd probably never use anything else.

For now, I'm alternating between KF pro and Rockwood lump. I also find it hilarious that no one seems to know who really makes the Weber bricks. They are discussed regularly on the forum, but no one seems to know where they come from. Sooner or later, those secrets will get out, but this one seems to still be bottled up. Someday, the info will become unclassified, and we'll have confirmation that Greg in Utah's alien friends from New Mexico have been manufacturing the bricks in the Petrified Forest ;)

Well,l as I found 2 bags of Weber in the entire country last season (I even tried contacting them), Weber is off the list. The local Continente finally started carrying their own brand of briquette, but my assumption that it would burn longer than the local twig and branch charcoal has proven another bad assumption.

Responsiveness to inquiries are SUPER frustrating here. I found a lump manufacturer who claims to manufacture sized charcoal that isn't full of tiny bits that fall through the doubled grid. They just never answer. I have no idea where in the country they sell their product and refuse to dive six hours to their factory to find out.

I think Chris is right I need to re-watch the minion method video.

Since Brexit, the items I would normally import from the UK VANISH into the maw of the cash hungry tax authorities for month or forever.

Weber didn’t manufacture the charcoal they sold in the US this last go-around, I doubt they manufacture the charcoal they sell outside the US. There are a wide variety of charcoals for sale on Amazon.uk, I assume it’s the same throughout the rest of Europe. Lots of lump charcoal, probably sourced from around the world.
The UK has turned into a nightmare here into the EU zone (oddly not always) Local Tax authorities seize MOST items shipped in from the US and UK and essentially hold them hostage until you navigate their system and pay whatever graft they demand. I currently have a 15 inch flag MIA for 1.5 months from the UK. Lump seems to be the predominate product but sizing is a problem. I have not found a reliable product in Portugal yet.

Back