Weber #9930 Grates

As far as I can tell there are only two and a half sets of 9930s available anywhere. You can buy a half set on eBay for $135 including shipping plus tax. Or on Amazon there are four half sets available. They are not even sold in full sets. $387.96 including tax and shipping for one of the two full sets available. I was lucky enough to buy my set of 9930s brand new in the box for $150 but those deals are gone now. So grabbing them out of used grills is now soon becoming the last option available.

Weber 9930s are
3/8" thick 304 SS grates
Made for first and second generation Summit but also fit x000 Genesis
Two at 17.5" x 11.75"

There are some variations in width depending on Summit model

Also I have purchased several pairs of QuliMetal in 9mm and 7mm. These are an excellent option for a reasonable price for what you're getting.

Personally I avoid cheap stainless non 304 on my personal grills. I've seen how it doesn't hold up.

Last edited:
Would this Summit model with a smoke box have just one half of a 9930? It's nearby and I could use some parts from it if the grates were high quality.
453966546_466959769446450_3926616741271969183_n.jpg

Would this Summit model with a smoke box have just one half of a 9930? It's nearby and I could use some parts from it if the grates were high quality.
If you can get that for free or cheap I would jump on it asap. That is a perfect full set. The summits have a wider Grill with that smoke box in there that's exactly the size you need for Genesis x000

I have noticed that grill. Can't figure out what's up with the control panels...water, some kind of stain, or a kind of deterioration that I have never seen in porcelain. If they are ruined, then, yeah this is a possible source of parts.

But, I still think these Platinum Summits with the full set of smoker box and rear infrared burners deserve a chance. Despite the shortcomings of the firebox (which I believe can be remedied), this is a better (and cooler) grill than a Genesis of that era.

Yah, I would be interested to find out what that discoloration on the porcelain parts is all about.

Does anyone know of a graph that has the measurements of all the grates, burner tubes or flavor bars? If I was better with a computer I would give it a shot. I have seen the graphs of cooking space and such of the Weber Q's, Kettles etc. Wonder if there is one floating around...

I have noticed that grill. Can't figure out what's up with the control panels...water, some kind of stain, or a kind of deterioration that I have never seen in porcelain. If they are ruined, then, yeah this is a possible source of parts.

But, I still think these Platinum Summits with the full set of smoker box and rear infrared burners deserve a chance. Despite the shortcomings of the firebox (which I believe can be remedied), this is a better (and cooler) grill than a Genesis of that era.
That damage is why I've avoided it so far even though it's in my city. I look at that all SS cart and many components that would be useful, but if it can be revived I'd have a hard time parting it out. Without enough time to work on it, including possibly getting some SS firebox panels like you made, it could sit around here for a year or more.

Lucky for me I live across the street from a scrapper. I dread the time when they move away for taxes in my neighborhood are going up and everywhere I turn there is a neighbor selling their house to a flipper.

That damage is why I've avoided it so far even though it's in my city. I look at that all SS cart and many components that would be useful, but if it can be revived I'd have a hard time parting it out. Without enough time to work on it, including possibly getting some SS firebox panels like you made, it could sit around here for a year or more.
Many of my erstwhile projects have been laying around longer than that! :smilekettle:

One other thing that is good to keep is the stainless-steel burner grate (Trivet) if not the burner. I use to put them on my Genesis Platinum and Silver C before I did a burner delete. They are a great upgrade to oem steel grate that always rusts out.

@ Blue Platinum Side Burner pic 11.jpgSilver C Burner Trivet pic 2.jpg

Last edited:
Josh,

Also the burner plate is better on the Summit it also will not rust out. You can see from my pic that the Silver C has the original steel black plate and the Platinum has the Summit plate

Yeah, that's the three piece grate set that accommodates the smoker box. There is another piece of grate that is the same size as the smoker box that you need to try and get from the owner if you pick that up. That is the same set I have on my Jack Daniels grill.IMG_20240702_204638756_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Back