Weber #9930 Grates

Yeah, that's the three piece grate set that accommodates the smoker box. There is another piece of grate that is the same size as the smoker box that you need to try and get from the owner if you pick that up. That is the same set I have on my Jack Daniels grill.View attachment 99713
I'm pretty sure that is exactly what he needs. In the picture you can see that it's an even split 15 bars and 15 bars. I think those two pieces are each 17.5x11.75

The smoker box is how much wider the Summit is than x000 grill

Definitely correct me if I'm wrong

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what he needs. In the picture you can see that it's an even split 15 bars and 15 bars. I think those two pieces are each 17.5x11.75

You need all three pieces, or the two pieces and the smoker box. Since the smoker box is usually all rotted out, the third piece of grate is preferred.IMG_20240619_192442203_HDR.jpg

Duh, I see what you're saying now. Yes, you are correct. I was overlooking the fact that that particular Summit is a wider 6 burner grill.

I’d be interested to see how the smoker box sits in one. The newer summit one is pretty wobbly in my e330.

I also have a BNIB Smoker box and grate for the sidewinder.
The one for a sidewinder fits great because it sits across the flavorizer bars in a bracket that keeps it in place.

Picked up this Summit Platinum this morning for the #9930 Grates. Had to drag it out of a residential junkyard with no wheels on it.

@Steve Hoch I owe you for this idea thank you!
I got my eye on another one. Can never have too many quality grates.

@Cody Bratton I got the swing tables and side burner but not sure it's worth the cost to ship them.

They cleaned up about as nicely as I expected. Not perfect but pretty darn good. Night and day difference between these quality 304 SS grates and the ones I regularly clean up on newer Weber Genesis grills.
View attachment 99629

View attachment 99630
View attachment 99632View attachment 99633

Picked up this Summit Platinum this morning for the #9930 Grates. Had to drag it out of a residential junkyard with no wheels on it.

@Steve Hoch I owe you for this idea thank you!
I got my eye on another one. Can never have too many quality grates.

@Cody Bratton I got the swing tables and side burner but not sure it's worth the cost to ship them.

They cleaned up about as nicely as I expected. Not perfect but pretty darn good. Night and day difference between these quality 304 SS grates and the ones I regularly clean up on newer Weber Genesis grills.
View attachment 99629

View attachment 99630
View attachment 99632View attachment 99633View attachment 99634View attachment 99635View attachment 99636View attachment 99637View attachment 99638View attachment 99639View attachment 99640View attachment 99641View attachment 99642
josh, i have same grates. how did you get them like new? thanks

The one for a sidewinder fits great because it sits across the flavorizer bars in a bracket that keeps it in place.
On the older style Genesis? Or just the sidewinder? I have the summit smoke box I use time to time in my e330, but it’s kind of tipsy. I’m going to mod it to make it work one of these days. This style

Attachments

• IMG_7502.jpeg
    IMG_7502.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 4
I’d be interested to see how the smoker box sits in one. The newer summit one is pretty wobbly in my e330.

I also have a BNIB Smoker box and grate for the sidewinder.
20240910_161315~2.jpg

Seems to be pretty stable. There's a lip on it that catches the Grate so it's supported on both ends and then a little bit on the grate.

On the older style Genesis? Or just the sidewinder? I have the summit smoke box I use time to time in my e330, but it’s kind of tipsy. I’m going to mod it to make it work one of these days. This style
Yeah, they all look pretty much the same. I had one one that I tossed so I can't show you the bracket it sat in that locked into the flavorizer bars of a Genesis 1000-5000 grill.

View attachment 99728

I'm due for some new wire wheel attachments but this is what I use and soak in Simple Green.

I bought a second dewalt impact that wasn't an XR that I was going to bring to my other house but it doesn't have enough torque so I'm going to buy another Dewalt XR impact.
I use a regular drill, but those impact drivers must do a better job on the grates.

@Steve Hoch I'm curious about your three piece grates because I haven't seen them in a grill before. Is that part of a six burner Summit grate minus one piece? The picture above shows the two piece with the smoker box both equal 17 1/2 x 11 3/4.

No, it's a set for a 4 burner Summit grill with smoker box.
I'm trying to understand but it's not making sense to me because your 3 piece grates equal the same size as my two-piece grates which when you put in a 4 burner Summit still has enough room for the smoker box?20240910_161315~2.jpg

@Steve Hoch But the six burner has the same grates as yours Plus another 17 1/2 x 11.75.

If this six burner didn't have the smoker box instead had the four bar grate it would have the same grates as yours plus an extra 11.75?
Screenshot_20240910_180656_Chrome.jpg

I'm trying to understand but it's not making sense to me because your 3 piece grates equal the same size as my two-piece grates which when you put in a 4 burner Summit still has enough room for the smoker box?View attachment 99730
They must have made the ones I have specifically for a Genesis 1000 then. I see what you're saying, I'm the one not paying attention here.

Back