Weather

Mark Foreman

TVWBB All-Star
In spite of droughts, fires, and earthquakes, today in Sonoma wine country, it’s 73 degrees, 0 wind, not a cloud in the sky. This is why I love living here. Fall can be amazing in Northern California.
1637446945130.jpeg
OH… and under the cover is my 2098 Bullitt Mustang. I love this car…..1637447195882.jpeg

Come on, you're not fooling anyone. California has two seasons: green and brown.

I once thought about moving to wine country, but I waited too long. Couldn't afford it now.

Fortunately I grew up her. Live in the north bay since 1967. My house is paid off and I have been able, with Mary’s (wife) wonderful help, to retire here.
Yes we get green and brown, we also get days like today. I am not fooling anyone, but this is why we endure California and live here. I make no bones about how lucky I am to be here.
Did not intend to fool anyone. If I did, I apologize.

@Mark Foreman, would have been a nice day to get that boat in the water! :)

Pretty perfect weather down here today, too. I would have preferred to be playing golf, but too many things on my list to get done at home (none of which involve a grill or meat!) :(

R

Did not intend to fool anyone. If I did, I apologize.
Just kidding. When I first moved to California the only difference I noticed between the "seasons" was rain or no rain, which pretty much translates to green and brown. I grew up in snow country so my California-born friends thought I was crazy when I'd go without a coat in winter. To me it was like a mild spring day. To them it was frigid. And now I'm back in snow country. Fortunately, we haven't been getting nearly as much as I remember as a kid.

Grew up, mostly, just off the beach in SF. We had 2 seasons there. Fog and I can see.
Loving the high desert for the last ~20 years. Although mild by some standards, we have 4 seasons here.

We had 2 seasons there. Fog and I can see.
Reminds me of when I first moved to the Los Angeles area. We had smog and I can see, though the "I can see" days were few and far between. I'd been living there for two years before I realized you could see mountains in the distance when the smog cleared. Every day was a smog alert. The only question was whether it would be stage 4 or stage 5.

Back