We need a gas grill t-shirt

One other issue I see with using a Weber logo on something like a shirt is that it might contain something that Weber would have an issue with. Some of the lettering on the suggestions above might not be something Weber would want to be associated with. If we were to ask permission to use their logo, it would be nice to have the entire shirt design completed before presenting it to them.

weber
[ web-er, vey-ber ]
noun Barbeque
verb (used with object)

the standard of excellence in outdoor cooking
e.g., what are we cooking on the Weber tonight?

to restore or rehabilitate; the act of restoring (rehabbing)
e.g., is that heap worthy of Webering?

Jon (and anybody else who's looking...) images for silk screening are a bit of an art. A huge issue is that what looks good on a screen, or on paper, simply will not silk-screen well with a lot of fine detail. Think bold heavy outlines, not woodgrains.

Personally, my sense of humor is by far dark enough to appreciate spending my days in rehab. I can also appreciate others not appreciating it.

Jon (and anybody else who's looking...) images for silk screening are a bit of an art. A huge issue is that what looks good on a screen, or on paper, simply will not silk-screen well with a lot of fine detail. Think bold heavy outlines, not woodgrains.

Personally, my sense of humor is by far dark enough to appreciate spending my days in rehab. I can also appreciate others not appreciating it.

That's a good point. We would need an artist (any around here?) to "dumb down" the image to a simpler one. If we use a gas grill at all, I just hope it will look like a classic Weber but not so much as to get a "cease and desist" from Weber.

I also agree that Weber might like to support us by allowing their actual logo to be used in some way. Don't know, but worth a try. I don't want to make a "Weber" T-shirt but rather a TVWBB one that goes along with Weber.

As far as the official logo goes, Chris would need a "get out of jail free" card, i.e., signed permission from the trademark owner to use it. Unfortunately, I'd be willing to stake a little more than a cup of coffee that the owner would also want non-inconsequential license fees, as well as creative control. Sort of the nature of the trademark business. Even though this is an enthusiast organization, the trademark owner risks losing control outside of strictly controlled licensing.

Silk screen is better quality than printed and make sure you have a good quality shirt like Hanes or FTL Beefy T.
I'm not looking to make a screen printed t-shirt. I did that for the 20th anniversary of TVWB. It was a fun process, but guessing the size distribution for 12 dozen t-shirts was tricky and playing order fulfillment and post office was a drag. For better or worse, I'm thinking this is a t-shirt that's ordered through Represent.com on-demand, in sizes from S to 5X, and in 17 colors. Hard to do that with screen printing, especially if a small batch.

We would need an artist (any around here?) to "dumb down" the image to a simpler one.
What I'm looking for here is a concept, a phrase, a tagline, and ideas for imagery. I will pay Patrick Carlson to do the professional design work.

Chris, why not contact Weber to see if they would allow this one off?
I've had "interactions" with Weber in the past about t-shirts. It can be a sensitive subject. It's one thing for one of y'all as an individual to make a one-off t-shirt for personal use and slap their logo on it. It's another thing for me as a tiny business operator to do the same and then sell them. Use of the logo is a non-starter. Photographs or accurate line drawings of products is a non-starter. Caricatures of products seems to be OK.

Just as an example, not as a final decision, I can imagine a design showing a guy laboring over a caricature of a Genesis gas grill with the lid open, parts strewn around, smudges on his face, and a background of a workshop with a pile of old grills, and the tagline, "I spend all my spare time in rehab!" or "I spend my nights and weekends in rehab!" plus the forum name would make a good t-shirt. We could give the caricature all the obvious elements of a Genesis 1000 or Silver, with whitewall wheels, frame, work surfaces, control panel, lid shape, handle placement and design, etc.

Taken from the annals of TVWBB recently!

A picture of a guy grilling under a tree with the lid open. A bird sitting in the tree, above the grill, with a big grin and a wink. Bruce saying, "Extra Sauce on these."

EDIT: Oh, and that is annals, not anals. Two N's.

EDIT2: Now tell me that ain't funny!

Ain't funny
t0sG1c6.jpg

Taken from the annals of TVWBB recently!

A picture of a guy grilling under a tree with the lid open. A bird sitting in the tree, above the grill, with a big grin and a wink. Bruce saying, "Extra Sauce on these."

EDIT: Oh, and that is annals, not anals. Two N's.

EDIT2: Now tell me that ain't funny!
Is Bruce grilling some type of bird?

Yes, Chris I will agree. I done t-shirt orders in the past for a club I belong to and the only thing that made it worth it was a quality product. But still was a pain.

Ok, here we go.

Weberitis
noun BBQ

1 t
he disease associated with the involuntary urge to find vintage grills and restore them; specifically, those grills of the Weber family. Cure is unknown at this time.
e.g., I don't know what's come over me. I have this urge to restore a vintage Weber. Is it Weberitis?

also, to recognize the symptoms in someone so afflicted.
e.g., Dude, why you got so many grills in your yard? Maybe you got Weberitis?

Back