Walmart Pizza Kettle, from Fiasco to Free

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
So Saturday I thought I had found a Kettle Pizza at the Walmart pretty near the office. Brickseek was showing six in stock. I called and got put on hold for 20 minutes. Hung up and was on the phone another 20 minutes. I was told they had them and come on by. I drove over and looked for them in the garden department, the associate told me they didn't have any. I found a display model, but it was missing the pizza peel. I asked the associate if they could mark it down any further and they told me no. I asked to speak with a manager and he eventually showed up. At first he told me he could not mark it down any further but then he changed his mind and said he would give it to me for $35. Great, lets do this. When we got to the register he scanned it and it rang up $130, he told me that he couldn't/wouldn't mark it down. The two associates standing there told him the scanning devises had been showing $40 all day, as a couple of other people had called about them. I got his name and left.

Sunday morning I get a call from the assistant manager at that location. He had my info because I had filed a complaint on the Walmart website. He asked me if I was still interested in the item. I told him yes, as long as we could go with the $35 price we had agreed upon before. He found the item, texted me a picture and we spoke again. I agreed to stop by Monday to pick it up. When I stopped by the assistant manager was very nice, he asked me if I had the SKU. I pulled up the forum and went to the thread with the Brickseek link and gave him the SKU. He told me sorry for my trouble, he is going to get this out of his inventory and I could have it for free. Blew me away.

I really want to take him some pizza, the only problem is that this store is almost an hour from home. I ended up ordering a $20 aluminum peel so I am all in for $20.

So Saturday I thought I had found a Kettle Pizza at the Walmart pretty near the office. Brickseek was showing six in stock. I called and got put on hold for 20 minutes. Hung up and was on the phone another 20 minutes. I was told they had them and come on by. I drove over and looked for them in the garden department, the associate told me they didn't have any. I found a display model, but it was missing the pizza peel. I asked the associate if they could mark it down any further and they told me no. I asked to speak with a manager and he eventually showed up. At first he told me he could not mark it down any further but then he changed his mind and said he would give it to me for $35. Great, lets do this. When we got to the register he scanned it and it rang up $130, he told me that he couldn't/wouldn't mark it down. The two associates standing there told him the scanning devises had been showing $40 all day, as a couple of other people had called about them. I got his name and left.

Sunday morning I get a call from the assistant manager at that location. He had my info because I had filed a complaint on the Walmart website. He asked me if I was still interested in the item. I told him yes, as long as we could go with the $35 price we had agreed upon before. He found the item, texted me a picture and we spoke again. I agreed to stop by Monday to pick it up. When I stopped by the assistant manager was very nice, he asked me if I had the SKU. I pulled up the forum and went to the thread with the Brickseek link and gave him the SKU. He told me sorry for my trouble, he is going to get this out of his inventory and I could have it for free. Blew me away.

I really want to take him some pizza, the only problem is that this store is almost an hour from home. I ended up ordering a $20 aluminum peel so I am all in for $20.

Road trips are fun especially for grilling accessories. The wood peel came with the one you got?

Awesome. Kind of hard to tell, but I take it that you haven't picked up the KP yet ? If that's the case, I'd wager that the one you get will be brand new in the box and complete. That the Asst Manager actually took the time to look around and found the inventory that BS was showing. Sometimes they are hiding up in the rafters.

Awesome. Kind of hard to tell, but I take it that you haven't picked up the KP yet ? If that's the case, I'd wager that the one you get will be brand new in the box and complete. That the Asst Manager actually took the time to look around and found the inventory that BS was showing. Sometimes they are hiding up in the rafters.

It's in the trunk of my car Dave. It was the same display that I tried to buy Saturday, only this was an even better deal.

It's in the trunk of my car Dave. It was the same display that I tried to buy Saturday, only this was an even better deal.

Cool. Free is definitely better. When these went down to $40 around here, I drove to all the WMs that BS showed inventory for. It was pretty spot on accurate. Some stores had them on the shelves in Lawn and Garden, some where on a kind of "catch all" shelf at the back of L&G, some were on the shelf out on the main floor where they had some grilling stuff, and lastly, I found more than a few on pallets up in the rafters out in the L&G area.

Back