Wally World Charcoal Selection

WM update today, no sign of any "Expert Grill" lump, just the charcoal briquettes. Two unopened shrink wrapped pallets of Cowboy & for the first time ever, there was some B & B lump & Briquettes.

Attachments

• IMG_4849.jpg
    IMG_4849.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 16
I bought a couple different flavors of the Expert Grill briquets a couple of years ago. They did a decent job but the smoke when starting them was almost like burning old tires and if you smother them out, they get too crumbly to reuse. I'm using the remaining couple of bags as a base when firing up the Santa Maria or when just cooking up a few quick burgers, dogs or hot links. Will definitely be trying their lump now.

Plenty of these down here in Tikoland for around $35(ouch!) which is a 9 kilo bag and since I never have burned the Weber Brand curiosity got the best of me:rolleyes:

Attachments

• A2115AA8-647D-4078-B582-F7EFF66A2489.jpeg
    A2115AA8-647D-4078-B582-F7EFF66A2489.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
This is back now too. Three days ago it was this low, then an onslaught of orders they put it back to full price. As of 10 minutes ago it is back.
View attachment 66328
I picked up two bags when Walmart had them for $9.97, and I used this to cook a butt yesterday on my 18" WSM. The butt was cooked at 250 degrees, went on at about 5:30 a.m. and came off at 9:30 p.m, or about 16 hours cooking time. Here is the remaining charcoal today. I was impressed, wish I had bought a few more bags.
IMG_20230526_170336166.jpg

Picked up a couple of 16 lb Cowboys (hmm..) so thanks! Latest bags of KBB have been super smokey so will give Cowboy a try.

I picked up two bags when Walmart had them for $9.97, and I used this to cook a butt yesterday on my 18" WSM. The butt was cooked at 250 degrees, went on at about 5:30 a.m. and came off at 9:30 p.m, or about 16 hours cooking time. Here is the remaining charcoal today. I was impressed, wish I had bought a few more bags.
View attachment 71176

That's why B&B Briquettes are my favorite. They burn clean and burn very long! Cowboy is my 2nd favorite briquette.

Really miss Stubbs and Weber charcoal briquettes. Local BBQ store had B&B Chef select. Bought 2 bags. Yes it burns a long time and burns very hot but the smoke on startup is unreal. Still looking something comparable to Stubbs or Weber.

Really miss Stubbs and Weber charcoal briquettes. Local BBQ store had B&B Chef select. Bought 2 bags. Yes it burns a long time and burns very hot but the smoke on startup is unreal. Still looking something comparable to Stubbs or Weber.
Cowboy is Stubbs, it's just rebranded.

I was in Walmart today and saw the quality brands mentioned above but also took note of the cheap, off-brand “Expert” charcoal that comes in two interesting flavor blends: cherry/hickory and pecan/mesquite. I have too much charcoal in stock, but later in the summer I plan to give at least one a fair try. Only 8 bucks if they are a flop:cool:!

Back