Wagyu beef rib on the SmokeFire.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Bought a 2 pound Wgyu beef rib to test out my SMokeFire, I think it did pretty good.

Looks perfect Bruno! Now tells us how the SF performed. Our you going to keep it?
I am, I wanted to see Dave W’s review of the Woodwind but that’s gonna be a mess to keep clean with those vented slots, be hard to foil the pan, so yep after the way it handled that 10 hour rib smoke I am going to keep it.

I am, I wanted to see Dave W’s review of the Woodwind but that’s gonna be a mess to keep clean with those vented slots, be hard to foil the pan, so yep after the way it handled that 10 hour rib smoke I am going to keep it.
Glad you're going to keep it. Actually the slotted tray isn't at all difficult to clean, but then I always clean after every cook. When I did my pork butt I used a drip tray which helped.

Looks fabulous Bruno. Glad you had some success after all the grief you went through last week. I'm assuming your decision is to Keep? (y)

There's a youtuber out there, Baby Back Maniac, who was an early adopter of the Smokefire. He has a few videos talking about getting grease fires when cooking low and slow on the Smokefire and he thinks there is some design flaw. I assume the work around is to use a drip tray. Have you had any issues?

There's a youtuber out there, Baby Back Maniac, who was an early adopter of the Smokefire. He has a few videos talking about getting grease fires when cooking low and slow on the Smokefire and he thinks there is some design flaw. I assume the work around is to use a drip tray. Have you had any issues?
I have used drip pans in my WSM for years so it wasn’t a big deal to me.
I love BBM but he didn’t give that SmokeFire a chance to succeed.

Back