Vortex Tuna with Asparagus

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
Scored some fresh Gulf yellowfin tuna from a buddy who caught it this past weekend. He gave me four huge loins of it. Decided to cut this loin into four steaks and grill them over super high heat on the vortex. Served with a ginger/soy/wasabi sauce. Fantastic. Only took about thirty seconds per side.

ovrUN3E.jpg

yVyQGOk.jpg

UlDmclD.jpg

iyccm6v.jpg

pBsCQRp.jpg

You're killin it Andy! That tuna is cooked perfectly. You'd pay high dollar for that meal in a restaurant. Great looking plate.

Nice use of the Vortex Andy. Those steaks are cooked perfectly, I bet that was tasty.

Great looking tuna. Is that just salt and pepper for seasoning?

If you want to try something a bit different, I grind up a mixture of coriander seeds and black mustard seeds and use that for seasoning tuna.

Thanks for the beautiful pics.

Ray

Great looking tuna. Is that just salt and pepper for seasoning?

If you want to try something a bit different, I grind up a mixture of coriander seeds and black mustard seeds and use that for seasoning tuna.

Thanks for the beautiful pics.

Ray

Thanks for the suggestion. Have a bunch more to cook. These were seasoned with SPOG.

All I can say is "WOW"!! Andy you nailed it. The only problem I see, is that you've set the bar awfully high, so where do you go from here?
Great cook, thanks for sharing,
Tim

Back