Vieluxe for sale near San Diego

Wow, beautiful grill and it looks like it has not been used all that much.
One question about it is that it looks like it has a propane line/regulator on that gas line inside the side storage area. Why would a NG grill have that?

Wow, beautiful grill and it looks like it has not been used all that much.
One question about it is that it looks like it has a propane line/regulator on that gas line inside the side storage area. Why would a NG grill have that?

the label on my 2016 Genesis E330 NG has wording for summit models to use the included regulator set to 4.5" WC. Perhaps the Vieluxe is similar.

here's the label.

Screenshot_20220606-131422_Gallery.jpg

So how difficult would it be to convert this to LP versus NG? I sent a message to see if still available and will go from there. Long drive as I am in the Bay Area and this outside of San Diego.

So how difficult would it be to convert this to LP versus NG? I sent a message to see if still available and will go from there. Long drive as I am in the Bay Area and this outside of San Diego.
ROAD TRIP!!! :) TVWBB camping trip to Spring Valley? We would eat well on the road, Bill! :)

Only definite and safe way to convert is to replace the manifold. Changing just orifices may or may not work and with the wrong valves, would be a fire hazard.

The Vieluxe is/was made by Weber. It is the ultimate Weber gas grill.
According to this post, the Vieluxe was not made by Weber...I wonder if it's true?

1654820022732.png

Ed, that could very well be true. Lots of companies farm out production for their products and just slap a company logo on them before putting them on the sales floor.

I guess saying that "made by Weber" might be a bit of misinformation. But that doesn't detract from it being what the grill is in the Gas grill arena and in Weber's history. Also, you can see some clear Weber characteristics in the design of the grill. Several aspects have Summit written all over it.

Last edited:
Ed, that could very well be true. Lots of companies farm out production for their products and just slap a company logo on them before putting them on the sales floor.

I guess saying that "made by Weber" might be a bit of misinformation. But that doesn't detract from it being what the grill is in the Gas grill arena and in Weber's history. Also, you can see some clear Weber characteristics in the design of the grill. Several aspects have Summit written all over it.
Well, we all know that value is in the eye of the beholder ("One man's trash is another man's treasure"). If it were made by another company to Weber specifications, it shouldn't diminish the value. I'm more interested in the history than the actual grill.

Yeah, I agree with Bruce. It was “made” by Weber at least as much as any grill with a Weber logo that was made in a factory in China. It was a Weber creation that they chose to not identify with publicly because they were aiming for the very top of the market. It would be like Buick trying to sell a car at the price of a high-end Mercedes.

It was apparently a reach too far with so much manual (US) labor pricing it out of reach. It is certainly an ultimate “unicorn” grill if you have the time and resources to get and keep it running.

Yeah, I agree with Bruce. It was “made” by Weber at least as much as any grill with a Weber logo that was made in a factory in China. It was a Weber creation that they chose to not identify with publicly because they were aiming for the very top of the market. It would be like Buick trying to sell a car at the price of a high-end Mercedes.

It was apparently a reach too far with so much manual (US) labor pricing it out of reach. It is certainly an ultimate “unicorn” grill if you have the time and resources to get and keep it running.
Are you agreeing then that the Vieluxe, most likely, wasn't actually manufactured by Weber? As were the Lanterns and Bug Lights and Coolers? Note that this doesn't diminish the value...these items are still of value many years later.

Whenever anyone says "unicorn", I always think of My Little Pony (after raising 3 daughters, you can understand why).

Last edited:
Yah, that is basically what they are doing with the Genesis grills now as they are made in china. I don't know if Weber owns the plant, but they at least provide the specs and it is made to those specs, regardless of who owns the plant.

It's a wonder that these one-of-a-kind of items like a Vieluxe even get made at all.

Back