Vertical Skewer

Yah, I was thinking the same thing. IMO, the base not only serves to holt the skewer and meat upright, but also provides an indirect heat shield for the meat. 6 inches is not big enough to do that for many cuts of meat. I also think 10" would be a lot better.

I’d load it too full for a 6” base, I’d think 10” would be better.
If you put a larger piece of meat at the bottom / base then I don't think it would really matter, the weight of the base meat would keep things in place....of course if you built it like an upside down triangle with the small meat at the base then you'd have issues

Pretty cool and a great price. Some of the pics show it on a metal drip pan so the 6" size shouldnt matter.

I just ordered one. Tacos Al Pastor on the menu soon:D

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, I just ordered one. I've been wanting one of these forever. I'll have to post up my first cook after it gets here.

If you put a larger piece of meat at the bottom / base then I don't think it would really matter, the weight of the base meat would keep things in place....of course if you built it like an upside down triangle with the small meat at the base then you'd have issues
Fair enough, I was just thinking that I want to have an even larger “base slab of protein” but, put it in a drip pan and that whole idea kind of goes away.

After I ordered this I realized my air fryer has a rotisserie. Going to have to try the el pastor both ways to see which is better.

Back