Venison Loin

A Moe

TVWBB Fan
Decided to do VLoins tonight wrapped with my "1 st attempted" Homemade Bacon. I put the loins in a marinade of A1 steak sauce, Soy Sauce, Franks red hot, and a little mustard for a couple hours while the loins thawed.

On the Grill
IMAG0287.jpg

Off the Grill
IMAG0288.jpg

Sliced
IMAG0289.jpg

On the plate
IMAG0290.jpg

Into the mouth
IMAG0291.jpg

The bacon I made is pretty salty. But the meal turned out ok. I wasnt paying as close attention as I should've been it was a overdone but you cant win em all thanks for looking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it was a overdone but you cant win em all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We appreciate your honesty.
icon_wink.gif
I'm guessing no left-overs. Looks tasty from here.

well, i'd think the A1 steak sauce along with the soy sauce added to the saltyness of it... lotsa sodium in that stuff...
LOOKS GREAT Moes!!

There is a fine line between well done and dry. I hope your cook was on the right side. I'd eat it.

(If you want your meat to look more juicy than it is, brush on some oil, and give it a small spritz of water. Still edible, and noone knows your secret.. )

looks good to me - Only thing that seemed to be missing was a few of those shiny 12 oz aluminum backdrops I've come to associate your pics with!

@ Geir Thanks for the tip buddy!

@ Peter Dont wanna dissapoint!

@ Both Here's Your Bite (Revised 2nd Edition)
icon_biggrin.gif

IMAG0292.jpg

Yum-Yum!
I would like to point out that I have never used oil, water, soy sauce (oops) or photoshop to make my food look better than reality.
My knowledge of such methods comes strictly from unwanted e- mails sent by "friends" that I should stay away from.

Looks like inside loins (tenderloin ) by the size.
Deer ,being so lean , gets tough if overcooked.
I usually partially cook the bacon, & if stuffing a loin , completely cook the stuffing.

Looks great Moe!
And it reminds me that I have some homemade bacon and a small loin in the freezer from my son's deer.

Back