Using my new toys.

RJ Banks

TVWBB All-Star
I got a great deal the other day on a 2014 OTG, Weber rotisserie along with some other pieces. I posted the details in the charcoal kettle forum. Here's the link, http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?59514-Craiglist-score!

Last night I decided to set up my new OTG with the Kettle Pizza that I bought it for. We had some friends over and we made six pies in all. Unfortunately, the wood I had not seasoned long enough so I had a tough time getting my temps up. The bottom was cooking perfectly and the top was a little slow so I did not get the browning I wanted on top. I was only able to take a pic of one of them because everytime they were done, people kept cutting into them before I could take a pic:D.

Here is the bottom.

It's going to be so nice to have a kettle just to make pizza!

Today, I brined, marinated and rubbed a chicken down for the rotisserie on the Performer.
Sitting back and waiting with a Blue Moon clone I kegged the other day. Decided to go with the lid off method since I had no time limit. Heard it makes for a most moist bird with crisper skin.

Done at just over three hours.

All cut up waiting to get eaten.

Closeup of one of the breasts. Was amazed at how juicy it was.

That Pizza looks excellent! I recently set up a performer just for pizza, now I just have to perfect cooking them. I love the color of that chicken.

Looks like you're going to be having some fun with your new toys. Picked up a brand new 2011 performer off CL, so my old performer is going to be the dedicated pizza cooker.

Rich and Matt, it is so nice to have one grill just for that purpose and not have to switch everything out when you want to use something else. May need to get one just for the rotisserie now, ha ha. Wife may kill me if I come home with another grill!

RJ that's a great looking pizza and that chicken out of sight, Looks sooooo delicious could go for a plate of that right now.

Back