TwoDozenWings

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
marinated 24 tipless chicken wings overnight in Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce...
then skewered them on spit rods.

IMG_1771.JPG

set-up the 22"WSM equipped with the reversible Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring.
removed the waterpan below and fired up a chimney of Kingsford.

IMG_1362.JPG

the wings were also dusted with Penzey's Old World seasonings.

IMG_1780.JPG

the couple dozen spun for about 45 to 55 minutes.

IMG_1375.JPG

cherry & apple wood in the pit for flavour.

IMG_1375.JPG

vvle2s_zwbCLMYXvsPlXTV0OHd6JJGINkEdtdIvxjr_r=w415-h553-no

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG

crispy skin, juicy meat, they were delicious!
Thanks for stoppin' by!
chicken_dance_animated.gif

Those wing look incredible ... Now brainstorming how to use my RotI for wings... Happy holidays

Thanks Kurt ! Thanks Bob ! ;)

here are two quick clips

[video=youtube;5Z2ztUT4K74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUz836fzwbCT3t9a2gWU8PIQ&v=5Z2ztUT4K74& feature=player_detailpage[/video]

[video=youtube;r7t0nbBG0WA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=r7t0nbBG0WA[/video]

Man that's allot of flappers! I wondered how that was loaded up. I noticed the skewers didn't go in and out loaded. Takes some planning to load up. And some broth boxes!

Those look wonerrrrrful! Wish I could find wings like that here, what we get look like sparrow wings.

Looks really tasty directly over coals... again... yum. Makes me want to get a smoker and rotisserie. Better check if I have any $ left this year. :eek:

This word shouldn't be thrown away lightly, but those wings look near-PERFECT!

Amazing execution.

Jim, Is the roto in the picture a cajun bandit? It looks like the rack is there rib-o-lator without the baskets. If that is the case, did it come with the rods that the wings are on and if not who made the rods?
TIA

Jim, you are now the SMOKED WING MASTER OF THE WORLD!

WOW! those look so good I bet they tasted way beyond better than what the great pics you made can show!

Merry Christmas!

Jose

Back