Two Butts for Sister Carolyn

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I guess only Clint Eastwood fans will get my title.

My sister and brother in law visited us this weekend from Oklahoma, so I cooked two 6+ pound butts on Friday for a get-together Saturday.
Ten of us in all, including our kids and grandkids who live locally.

IMGP3203.JPG

Near done after 12 hrs. using apple wood for smoke.

IMGP3206.JPG

Grab shot of son's plate.

IMGP3211.JPG

Daughter brought dessert, this is an apple cake.

IMGP3208.JPG

And a giant chocolate cookie thing made with 1.5 bags of chocolate chips!
Both were outstanding!

IMGP3212.JPG

Sunday morning I cooked bacon for breakfast on the grill.
The top 3 pieces are the last of currently made homemade, and I let sis and BIL have those.
Both said it's the best they've had in years.

IMGP3214.JPG

Our son in law (the vintage camper fixer upper) brought Jo's bench back after replacing the rotted wood with cedar.

IMGP3210.JPG

I missed location with my rabbit ears, so I'll just say peace brothers and sisters.

IMGP3217-001.JPG

I guess only Clint Eastwood fans will get my title.

My sister and brother in law visited us this weekend from Oklahoma, so I cooked two 6+ pound butts on Friday for a get-together Saturday.
Ten of us in all, including our kids and grandkids who live locally.

IMGP3203.JPG

Near done after 12 hrs. using apple wood for smoke.

IMGP3206.JPG

Grab shot of son's plate.

IMGP3211.JPG

Daughter brought dessert, this is an apple cake.

IMGP3208.JPG

And a giant chocolate cookie thing made with 1.5 bags of chocolate chips!
Both were outstanding!

IMGP3212.JPG

Sunday morning I cooked bacon for breakfast on the grill.
The top 3 pieces are the last of currently made homemade, and I let sis and BIL have those.
Both said it's the best they've had in years.

IMGP3214.JPG

Our son in law (the vintage camper fixer upper) brought Jo's bench back after replacing the rotted wood with cedar.

IMGP3210.JPG

I missed location with my rabbit ears, so I'll just say peace brothers and sisters.

IMGP3217-001.JPG

WOW! That's a great looking spread! The plated shot is spot on! Nice Smoke!

Great cook Bob (yea got it right), those butts look great and I'd take that plate anytime. Always nice to have family over for fun and good food. Just started my second batch of bacon today.

Regards.

LeRoy

That's a fantastic cook Bob and the plate of food your son put together was spot on. Growing boys need lots of great home cook food. Nice family pic also.
I see LeRoy got in ahead of me again.

Those pork looks great. Nice color. Your rabbit ears need work. Must be out of practice. My 11 year old son who prides himself on ruining family pics with rabbit ears is sending to a PM!

Excellent Bob! love it all, but especially the apple cake - that's a specialty of my mom's and your daughters looks phenomenal!

Your the Q father i never had. Looking at this gets me rather mad.
No one in our family had that q touch. Seems like i have missed out on mutch.

Your my hero

Next to you i feel like a zero.

Your a great dad/griller bro. RESPECT and keep it humble son...without you this board wouldent be fun(my word play is great get off my back)

Respect!

Back