Turkey shortage coming for Thanksgiving?

Got a 13.1 pound Butterball at Walmart Tuesday. ($1.48/lb.) They had a fair assortment, but most were 15+ lbs. Barely had room for this one.

I was in Costco yesterday. No turkeys at all. Still early for them, though. They should have them in a couple weeks.

At WinCo, there were only a few turkeys left. Price was $1.58/lb. Same thing. Should have plenty by mid Nov.
Some good news on beef prices, though. Untrimmed Tri-Tips were $4.48/lb which is the best price I've seen there in months. I picked up 2.

The prices for frozen turkeys @ Wal Mart have come down. Butterball turkeys are now $0 98/lb, and the Jenny O' turkeys are $0.87/lb

Be sure to read the labels. Most likely are injected.

I am getting a free range turkey from a local business called Willie Bird. 100% turkey. Been getting them for years and still my favorite.

Be sure to read the labels. Most likely are injected.

I am getting a free range turkey from a local business called Willie Bird. 100% turkey. Been getting them for years and still my favorite.
Same here, although my g/f & I almost never get a whole bird, but a turkey breast is wonderful from the local farm. Folks drive an hour down from the metro for them.

Safeway's Turkeys are 50 cents a LBS (started this week) Rayley's is 59 cents a LBS
Midwest chain Meijer has their brand frozen turkeys for 33cents/lb last week and again next week. Their brand fresh ones for 99cents/lb.
Glancing at their selections it seemed to be 18lbs and up, but didn't look all that closely.
We have no problem with turkey leftovers anyway, between sandwiches, turkey a la king, more sandwiches, turkey enchiladas, sandwiches again, not a big deal.

Wow - Fresh wild turkey. I had a boss that lived in WV and commuted 2 hours each way to Reston VA. He shot turkeys off his front porch.

Western US chain WinCo has their annual Thanksgiving Turkey deal where if you spend $100 or more, you can get 1 turkey free. I was @ Winco on Fri and this deal applied to the Jenny O' frozen turkeys only. They usually have fresh turkeys for Thanksgiving at ~ $0.99/lb, but I didn't see any. They should have those sometime this week.

I was at Costco also. They do have fresh butterball turkeys in stock. The price is the usual $0.99/lb. Limit 5 o_O. So if you want to stock up...

Had a hard time finding a 15# that would fit in my Charbroil big easy oiless turkey fryer, just like last year.
Lucked out yesterday, found one at Jewels ( Albertsons)

Had a hard time finding a 15# that would fit in my Charbroil big easy oiless turkey fryer, just like last year.
I have squeezed a 20#'er in my Big Easy when I couldn't find a little fella!!!

2CB87DF0-533F-46CD-B43D-99D1B53338A8.jpeg
I did a 16# last year, but haven’t seen anything under 20 this year. The search goes on…

Went to WinCo today. They have fresh honeysuckle farms turkeys for $1.18/lb. Picked up a 14.7 lb bird since wasn't sure if Costco would still have the smaller ones in stock (more on that in a minute). Since our total was >$100, we also got a free 14.7 lb frozen Jenny O turkey.

Guess we're set for Turkey now. Got 4 in the freezer 😊. The fresh honeysuckle turkey is in the fridge & will go into bucket with the weber apple brine recipe on Wed AM.

I need not have worried about Costco running out of the smaller Butterball fresh turkeys. They had a LOT in stock.

Back