Turkey Burger Chaos

Chris Lynch

TVWBB All-Star
So life has been full of lots of changes and I have had little time to post/comment and let alone cook. For those of you that I have gotten friendly with on this board I thought you should know where my spatula has been.

In the spirit of living out ones dreams we decided pull pegs in the Philadelphia suburbs and head due east for about an hour and half until we hit water. The family we already have there and my love for the ocean has been pulling us in this direction for some time now and its time to go. Its been a slow tedious process and my blasted house isn't sold yet, but this means living in a house that has to be "show ready" in a moments notice. This is not an easy task with a 1 year old. The part I thought that would be the hardest...ie...finding a job, turned out to be the easiest. Selling our house and buying a new...not so easy.

I digress too much...point being, I haven't had any time to cook!! We have been doing a lot of prepared meals in the microwave so the kitchen has that "we don't live here" look! Yuck!! anyways, its all part of the dream and I give you my turkey burgers in a crunch and we will eat these all week now either chopped up on salads for spiced back up for Taco Tuesday.

This is the most things that have been on this counter in weeks.

Steamed broccoli and Italian dressing

Viola! Paper plates to keep the mess down!!

Somebody likes pickles! and sriracha!

Thanks for stopping by!

I'd be smiling too if I had one of your burgers Chris!
My youngest grandson, now 13, could always eat hotter foods than I can.
He calls it spicy now, but when little he called it 'picy'

Good luck selling your house, I can only imagine trying to keep things neat, we like that lived in look.:)
Congrats on getting that ocean in the near future!

Great cook Chris (as always) Good luck selling the home and moving toward the dream (home on / by the water) Live the dream, it's the only way to go

Chris I feel your pain! Barb and I bought and sold and moved three times in the last three years! What a complete pain, living in a fish bowl, viewings all hours of the day and night. The last house we sold before moving into this one nine months ago, we were really lucky it hit the MLS at 8am and sold full price at 11am. We were shocked because we hadn't started looking for our new home yet and had thirty days to get out and into our new home. We made it, but only because we were paying cash for the new one so we had a one week escrow. At least we're in our forever home now.
Good luck in your quest to get where you want to be it will be worth in the end.

Great looking burger and great pic of your little one! Hope your house situation gets resolved soon!

Very nice looking burgers!!! Seems like that grill would come in handy i keeping the kitchen clean.

A clean house with a one year old, is that even possible? Good luck in selling your house and hoping you find your dream house too!

Hang in there Chris. Your turkey burgers look spot on. I know what you are talking about with the house. CDOT is in the process of buying our house and it has went on since Feb. We got a nice price from our appraiser, but now CDOT just drags their feet. They want to pick out our house for us, it's a Federal law that they help us. Haven't had my hand held this way since my mom took me to kindergarten when I was 5. So we know just where you are at. Hopefully we will be moved by Nov. And hopefully you will be too. Good luck to all of us.
russ

Well done burgers my friend. Wondered what happened about the bacon, now I know. God luck to you in your pursuits.

Oh where you moving to?

Well done burgers my friend. Wondered what happened about the bacon, now I know. God luck to you in your pursuits.

Oh where you moving to?

Lord willing and the creek don't rise OC NJ. I have been thinking about you and the bacon and yes I haven't been to the Asian grocer yet!! Hopefully soon as desperate times call for desperate measures and I am out of bacon!!!!

Forget a clean house with a youngster. It's not possible :). Great looking burgers! God speed on the house thing.

Back