Tuesday Night Ribeye & Taters a la Lampe

Chad M.

TVWBB Super Fan
Still breaking in the new Performer. Threw on a nice ribeye and some cast iron baby yukons last night, and did some grilled veggies on the Genesis.

Started with this. A little EVOO and KS&P on everything.

IMG_1116.jpg

Taters on in new CI skillet (inspired by many of Jim Lampe's posts).

IMG_1117.jpg

Steak on after taters cooked for about 40 minutes.

IMG_1118.jpg

Veggies on the gasser while steak and taters finished cooking.

IMG_1121.jpg

Steak off to rest for a few minutes (under a foil tent after picture was taken).

IMG_1119.jpg

And the plate:

IMG_1123.jpg

It was delicious. I love ribeyes. And the yukons were perfect. I'm doing that more often. So simple and so good. A couple of them didn't make it to the plate. Thanks for the inspiration, Jim! (And everyone else I've borrowed from since I've discovered this site).

Have a good one.

*mouth waters*

That is a killer looking ribeye. Great. Now I want steak. And it's not even 10am.

Chad, your middle name is Jim, I know it!
You can OFFICIALLY join The Jim Nation

Awesome Lookin' Cookin' buddy! Please clean that skillet properly before returning it ;)

Great job on those steaks.

I also have to say, I love seeing people pay homage to Lampe when they join TVWBB. There are lots of great folks on this site...but it seems Jim sure does inspire us all. If there was a vote for TVWBB lifetime MVP, I know who I'd vote for.

Nice work Chad! Looks great ! Nice pictures too! Looking forward to seeing that performer getting broken in!

Back