Tuesday Night Chuck Eyes

Ed M.

TVWBB Guru
Picked up some small, but thick chuck eyes, the other day. Decided to cook them tonight.

006.jpg~original

Seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder and on to the mini smoker for a low and slow cook.

008.jpg~original

At the flip.

013-3.jpg~original

Flipped again, and left on the smoker until it was determined that they were done.

015.jpg~original

In the house and on the plate with some sweet corn and cast iron cooked sweet taters.

020.jpg~original

And, your bite!

023.jpg~original

Steak was super tender, the sweet taters were very tasty and the corn was darn good for this late in the season.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Wow, that looks awesome. Those are some really nice looking steaks, too. Where did you get them?

Due to this forum I have started grilling chuck eyes and love them. I just don't understand why they are so cheap, maybe because they aren't as well known. Hope it stays that way.

Due to this forum I have started grilling chuck eyes and love them. I just don't understand why they are so cheap, maybe because they aren't as well known. Hope it stays that way.

I think the one knock on the chuck eye is that it doesn't present very well, not the way other steaks do. Which is good, because otherwise they'd be more expensive than filet mignon.

Ed, you are not helping the KCEASS cause!
As a member of the Missouri chapter of Keep Chuck Eyes A Secrete Society I hereby ban you from TVWBB for one day after posting those beauties!
Another violation and a member will show up and confiscate your grills:p

He's not helping the KMAFGAF cause either!

(In case you were wondering that stands for "Keeping my A$$ from getting any fatter")lol

Ed, you are not helping the KCEASS cause! As a member of the Missouri chapter of Keep Chuck Eyes A Secrete Society I hereby ban you from TVWBB for one day after posting those beauties! Another violation and a member will show up and confiscate your grills:p

I was sorta hoping you would confiscate the steaks and send them up to a deserving Canadian...

Back