Tuesday Boston Butt

KevinT

TVWBB Member
Was on vacation this week so had plenty of time to mess around with the smoker. First cook on the 22 WSM after cooking on the mini for several months. My 14 year old daughter is getting into it too.

9lb Boston Butt njected and rubbed with "Chris Lilly's six time world championship" recipe found on this site.

Beans are just plain ole beans with BBQ sauce, brown sugar, baon, bacon grease, red and green peppers and a little salt/pepper/onion powder/garlic powder.

5:00 AM start time with KB and apple. Finished about 6:15 PM. Tried to keep temps around 240.

Froze what we didnt eat. It was great! Enjoy the pics.

Plated pic looks delicious Kevin. That's great your daughter is taking an interest in bbq. Can't wait to show my daughter how to bbq...she's only 5 now.

Love the concentration of your daughter when she is injecting the pork. Looks like you both did a great job.

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Just rubbed some baby back ribs and made a Cajun Fatty for the Bears game tomorrow. I think others are bringing beef ribs and some wings to throw on the WSM. Prob about an 8:00 start time for halftime eats. Will post pics of the cook as I am able.

Looks really good Kevin but surely it's not 4am or so when the picture was taken of your daughter injecting the pork. She's not into it enough to get up that early is she?

No Dean we rubbed and injected the night before. I dont know of ANY 14 year old that gets out of bed that early.

:cool:

Better be careful. She'll start out cookin you! LOL. It's cool she got involved. Nice job there.

What kind of food probe is that? Stoker? Looks heavy duty.

Hey Dwain,

Don't remember what brand the injector needle is. Nothing big name. Bought at the local Menard's home improvement store. It works just fine and I think it was 4 or 5 bucks.

Back