Tri-Tips- come early and stay late

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
It was a gorgeous Southern Oregon day and my first tee shirt BBQing for 2021. I cleaned up the Performer and rubbed a couple Tr-Tips. Did a home made Santa Maria rub on one and the Bruno inspired TJ’s rub on the other one.
E90F66A1-FDA6-4F1D-BD36-B71649C00CAE.jpeg
Added some of wine soaked oak and cooked indirect followed by a reverse sear.
057FD9A0-5FEE-42E1-8216-DB4CE7A897BE.jpeg8EDFFFC6-B5ED-43B3-9ECA-C4F4324E4AC8.jpegPulled them around 130 and did some asparagus over the still hot B&B coals which I am fully enjoying.
D85BCEC5-059E-4598-BF69-3165C786A4D7.jpegOnce we were done eating it was off to the fire as temps dropped quick! A very good night with the help of Weber!

What a great cook and great photos to capture a beautiful day. I love that cutting board. Which one did you like better? What are the plans for any leftovers?

What a great cook and great photos to capture a beautiful day. I love that cutting board. Which one did you like better? What are the plans for any leftovers?
Ha! That’s like asking which one of my kids I love most! I had a sandwich for lunch...it reminded me of the tri tip sandwich at Firestone Grill in San Luis Obispo! Just a lightly toasted roll, meat piled high, and some Sweet Baby Rays!

Back