Tri-State BBQ Festival

Hey Guys!

Over the past several months I have posted pictures of me practicing for an upcoming competition my wife and I entered. This was our first time doing all 4 categories, and what fun we had!

BBQ Pit Wars were there filming an episode which will air this summer. We had the privilege of meeting some real big BBQ names, like Myron Mixon, Eric and Thomas from the Burnt Bean Co., Mike The Character from Characters BBQ, Robby and Raymond from Rescue Smokers.

We did exceptionally well considering it was just me doing the prep, cooking, and box turn-in while my sex-cretary (my wife) was managing all the clean-up, etc.

We placed:

3rd Chicken
10th Ribs
1st Pork
1st Brisket

Overall Grand Champions!!!

Here are some photos from the event:

All meat were cooked using Weber products.

22.5 WSM
18.5 WSM
26 Weber Kettle

I give thanks to all on this forum, for their support while viewing some of my great and/or awful cooks and advice!

Weber Nation For Life!!!!!!

Thanks for looking,
Austin (2 Live Q)

Congratulations on your wins Austin.....You are lucky to have a wife that is interested in your hobby. I live in Dothan and we are bless to have the Tri-State BBQ festival here in Dothan Al. every year...... Hope you come back next year.

Wow Austin - that is extremely impressive for your first competition. I bet all those dudes with the multi-thousand dollar trailer smoker rigs were pretty pleased to be beat by a guy with three Webers. Let us know when the show will air and on what channel...

Regards,

John

Thanks everyone! It will be on Destination America -- Pit Wars this summer. Although we were not 1 of the 4 teams on the TV show competing, we were setup right behind them and the film crew. Thanks again to everyone and their kind words!

Back