To sell or not to sell

Saturday, pork loin and a handful of chicken thighs on the 18, foiled pan, no water, apple smoke medium, minion method. Two hours in, steeled in at 250 very happily, light breeze to contend with but, minor adjustments to one bottom vent seem to keep things within 25 degrees one way or the other, keeping it down has been harder than I had expected but, it's not that tough if you don't get too loaded!
I saw the pics. Grate inaugral run. Kudos. :)

Thanks Tony!
I think I will be doing the ham on the bullet and pineapple on the kettle with other veggies, this will be interesting.
Thanks to all of you who have offered ideas, opinions and support!

Last edited:
I think it boils down to economics. Never tried the 22.5" model yet, but for me, the expense of operating it wouldn't be worth it. I can smoke 4 butts comfortably on my 18.5" WSM, but now that I have a 14.5" model, I plan on using it more often. Although charcoal isn't *that* expensive, but I have to economize when possible.

Congratulations on your new 22.5" smoker!

Last edited:
Thats a valid point, for me it was more about having a little extra room from the 14 and the input from some of the learned folks here. So far, that input seems to be proving very valuable! Second cook coming up for Easter!
The following one will likely be a thanks to some buddy's who I am asking for manpower making more patio space!

Tim, this what happens when you get the Weber fever. I had to make a parking lot for six of my eight Weber's.
DSCN2095_zpsvgxkswuk.jpg

Oh, I already know the pitfalls of over inventories of Weber's, I actually think my garage wall is starting to sag from the stockpile of extra parts and accessories! When I get the patio done I'll send you and Barb a shot!

Keep it, as I agree with the statement above that you cannot have too many Webers if you have the space and that your "Significant Other" is in agreement.

Out Front on my patio I have have 22" Weber Mastertouch Kettle, 18" WSM, WSJ and all my BBQ Tools parked there with no problema from the esposa.

Last edited:
Keep it, as I agree with the statement above that you cannot have too many Webers if you have the space and that your "Significant Other" is in agreement.

Out Front on my patio I have have 22" Weber Mastertouch Kettle, 18" WSM, WSJ and all my BBQ Tools parked there with no problema from the esposa.

Too late for Dave to keep it, I picked it up from him two weeks ago!
Since then it's been fired only twice, both delightful finished products. Now... well, this week, I'm enlarging the patio to allow for greater enjoyment of outdoor cooking and feasting. I'm adding about another 100 sq.ft. If I do more, it would be a really big engineering project for me, so, I think this will be the end of my "Westward expansion".
I will fire the WSM for the "Thanks" for the labourers, after the job is finished. Trying to decide between a turkey and a butt, opinions?

If it were me. Id keep both for a while. Then decide.
I love my 18 inch WSM..
You can squeeze a whole packer brisket on it using the grate handles to hold it... then itt shrinks.
However I would not mind having the big boy because it will hold whole racks of spare ribs but I seldom cook for more than 10 people so the 18 inch and the 14 that I have will be more than adequate.
If I could find a 22 in at a good price used I'd be all over it however but I don't need it.
:)

Back