To Members on The Florida Peninsula.

I have a friend that lives 2 miles south of Ft. Myers. He apparently has no way to communicate. Power gone, cell towers gone, and mass destruction. They really took a big hit.

I received an email this morning from Operation BBQ Relief. They are on their way down to Florida or might already be there by now, I sent a donation, but they are looking for volunteers too. I believe Chris has previously participated with them. Maybe some of you are interested in helping out too.

Hopefully I posted the link correctly.

I just donated to Operation BBQ Relief... donations start at $25, $50 and etc..

Should we start a new thread to draw more attention to the opportunity to help Operation BBQ help folks in FL?. BBQ
That’s great John!
I sent a message to Chris about this.
I’m sure he’ll respond once he’s available.
Until then, we can all contribute here.

I received an email this morning from Operation BBQ Relief. They are on their way down to Florida or might already be there by now, I sent a donation, but they are looking for volunteers too. I believe Chris has previously participated with them. Maybe some of you are interested in helping out too.

Hopefully I posted the link correctly.
Big supporter of OBR, I would encourage everyone to donate what they can to whatever charity makes sense to you.

The eye of Ian went about 40 miles south of our house. Me and the next door neighbor are still without power, but it's slowly coming back on in our larger neighborhood. The nights have been cool so the lack of AC isn't as bad as it could be.

Spent the last two days cleaning up limbs and crap from the yard...Still have some work to do there, but with all the yardwork, we haven't had to go to the gym! Neighbors on both sides lost big trees but only had minor roof damage. Lucky there!

We all had water damage to some extent...mopped it up (Wet vac is no good w/out power!), and now the river is rising. Should crest in a few days, but it's already in the yard. Might be getting that mop out again!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 8.48.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 8.48.15 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16

Back