To Members on The Florida Peninsula.

The eye of Ian went about 40 miles south of our house. Me and the next door neighbor are still without power, but it's slowly coming back on in our larger neighborhood. The nights have been cool so the lack of AC isn't as bad as it could be.

Spent the last two days cleaning up limbs and crap from the yard...Still have some work to do there, but with all the yardwork, we haven't had to go to the gym! Neighbors on both sides lost big trees but only had minor roof damage. Lucky there!

We all had water damage to some extent...mopped it up (Wet vac is no good w/out power!), and now the river is rising. Should crest in a few days, but it's already in the yard. Might be getting that mop out again!
I'm in Deltona. What part of Sanford do you live in? That picture looks like you're on Lake Monroe but there's not enough to really tell.

I'm in Deltona. What part of Sanford do you live in? That picture looks like you're on Lake Monroe but there's not enough to really tell.
Yeah Lew. One house away from the lake. We're in the Mayfair area, about a mile east of downtown.
How did you guys fare?

We never lost power, lost one small tree, and our yard is littered with small dead branches. My grandkids live in Sanford, Deltona, Debary, and Orlando. They all lost power but now they're coming back online. We've been the family charging station and that's great because it brings the family out.

hey guys, been out on the recon lines for work. I’ve been all through the SW Florida area. From one extreme to the other lost everything down to the foundation to looking like a summer storm came through even internet stayed up, really weird…. Not pretty in some areas there but everyone seems to be pulling together which is nice. Man what a response, there is so much help getting out there. I even ran into a crew from Sturgis Michigan from their city works dept. on Saturday. that city may not ring a bell with some but had family all up through there growing up. Please keep all those in your prayers it’s going to be a long recovery on this one……

Attachments

• EC4DEC52-7D6B-4C91-B1B6-2815BA6785DC.jpeg
    EC4DEC52-7D6B-4C91-B1B6-2815BA6785DC.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 6

Back