Throwdown #39: Pizza Battle Redux

Getting after it Dwain, now thats how Pizza its done....All fresh ingredients.....

Man I wish I had time to do this challenge. Just not enough time right now, but maybe I might be able to submit something. Pizza is one of my favorites to cook up.

Man I wish I had time to do this challenge. Just not enough time right now, but maybe I might be able to submit something. Pizza is one of my favorites to cook up.

Come on Nate you're one of the pizza gurus around here. Make some time and show us what you got.:D

Barb and I are jumping in on Saturday (first available day without 25+ MPH winds)

Last edited:
Come on Nate you're one of the pizza gurus around here. Make some time and show us what you got.:D

Barb and I are jumping in on Saturday (first available day without 25+ MPH winds)

I'm trying Rich. Just been real busy trying to sell the house (which is no pending) and commuting to work (over 200 miles a day) to plus going to Tahoe last weekend and out of town for Easter weekend. I'm seriously thinking about packing up a kettle and the KP and a peel. I'm sure I'd have buy dough somewhere instead of making my own.

Nate's deep dish for the win.....Unless ChuckO comes in with a WSM wood burning Pizza thriller.
Come on you two... get it done.

I'm trying Rich. Just been real busy trying to sell the house (which is no pending) and commuting to work (over 200 miles a day) to plus going to Tahoe last weekend and out of town for Easter weekend. I'm seriously thinking about packing up a kettle and the KP and a peel. I'm sure I'd have buy dough somewhere instead of making my own.

Wish I could give you some of our luck selling houses. Barb and I sold and bought three houses in three years the first one took three days and the other two less than three hours from the time the multiple listing hit and we had a full price offers on both.
We know how stressful moving can be, hang in there it will happen.

Wish I could give you some of our luck selling houses. Barb and I sold and bought three houses in three years the first one took three days and the other two less than three hours from the time the multiple listing hit and we had a full price offers on both.
We know how stressful moving can be, hang in there it will happen.

Meant to say "which is now pending" Rich.

Doesn't look like I'll be able to cook up any pies since it's supposed to be raining, more often than not, where I'm going for the weekend. Oh well.

Nice pies posted so far!

Meant to say "which is now pending" Rich.

Doesn't look like I'll be able to cook up any pies since it's supposed to be raining, more often than not, where I'm going for the weekend. Oh well.

Nice pies posted so far!

It would have been great to see your entry, but I know priority's come first. Hope everything goes smooth with your sale and move.

Double Deck Pizza, Yep. Stir Fry Pizza, You Bet.

Decided to jump in on this one. Barb and I collaborated on these two pizzas. We wanted something really different and I think we succeeded.
The first one is a double deck Spinach Stuffed Pizza with mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, chopped onion, parmesan cheese, S&P and my homemade pizza sauce on the top instead of the bottom cooked in a 10 “ci skillet.
The next is a stir fry pizza using sautéed bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, water chestnuts and turkey sauage then simmered in a soy based teriyaki sauce. Covered with mozzarella cheese.
To top it off we used a new dough for the first time. One that we got off of the Food Network web site by Tyler Florence, looked very promising and didn’t disappoint.
I have never been really happy with my pizza kettle, a lot of fuel and difficult to manage the pizzas and to be quite honest neither Barb nor I could really taste that much difference in the pizzas. So I went back to my old way of doing it. Using soaked wood chips for a smoky taste. I think all I’ll need is some fire bricks to get the stone a little higher and I’m good to go.
Both pizzas came out excellent, really different and great flavor. The dough was also excellent and very easy to make. Barb said it’s her new “go to” dough.
DSCN6084_zpshveb4lte.jpg

DSCN6090_zpscqe2uia3.jpg

DSCN6092_zpssrj8fayo.jpg

DSCN6097_zpswxflmrq6.jpg

DSCN6102_zpsswzidth0.jpg

DSCN6111_zpsmolafui0.jpg

DSCN6113_zpswxkv76ss.jpg

DSCN6117_zpsm20yuif6.jpg

DSCN6120_zpslktxyvtg.jpg

DSCN6125_zps6tcqsn0l.jpg

Happy Easter and have a great week.

Threw something together yesterday for dinner, while rushing around packing up the house and cleaning out all my stuff in the garage. We sold our house and need to be out by May 1st. Been in this house 13 years and this will be my last cook at this here. Been a long time since I've used the KP since I got my Party Pizza, and quite a while since I've made pizza.

Made a cheese, a mushroom w/truffle oil (no sauce), and a sausage pepperoni mushrooms and roasted peppers and onions.

IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6183.jpeg

IMG_6185.png

IMG_6182.png

IMG_6184.png

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg

Last edited:
Okay Barb and I are going home now;) It was really great you took the time in your fast approaching move to enter some pies. They look great Nate and good luck on your move.

Great looking pies Nate, cool you found some time to enter the Throwdown #39: Pizza Battle Redux, now we have to get ChuckO to move his pizza night post.

Back