Three pound meatloaf

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
This was 3 pounds of ground beef, green olives with pimentos about a cup and a half. Worcestershire, yellow mustard, what a burger spicy ketchup, small can of hatch green chilies hot, two eggs, 1 1/2 cups Panko, salt and pepper.

Was going to use the 14.5 but the picture will tell you why I didn’t. Never had mold in this smoker. I forgot to leave the vents open. Ughh.

57BD3DF4-774C-4712-A95B-BA826334C259.jpeg

So I panned it and into the Q1200 it went.

9A453205-8A0B-4DD7-B340-0B09B1FE0D23.jpeg

34BA5019-D533-4236-AECA-0B2439DCAE30.jpeg

8E95CB5A-500E-464D-A937-BC5C59DA6E9F.jpeg

E32EF13B-6634-4A67-A34B-18F8D2853AAA.jpeg

Didn’t last long glad I made a three pounder!

Olive loaf, I'm gonna borrow that idea!
Gotta have them in my opinion. I cut the olives in half. And a pro tip if you’re using Panko or bread crumbs as a binder roll the olives in it before mixing into the meat mixture. It helps bind tue olive to the meat. If you aren’t using a binder roll them in corn starch.

Sometimes I’ll use the jalapeño or garlic stuffed green olives. This time it was manzanilla olives stuffed with pimentos. 🫒

My mom used to put green olives in meat loaf, good stuff.
I honestly think I could get by with just my 14.5 WSM and Q1200.

Was going to use the 14.5 but the picture will tell you why I didn’t. Never had mold in this smoker. I forgot to leave the vents open. Ughh.

I hate when I do that (walking outside to check vents...).

I hate when I do that (walking outside to check vents...).
This is the first time I’ve had mold in this smoker. That’s pretty good considering I’ve owned it for what a decade now. It’s sunny so I should go out and burn it off while I’m thinking about it…

Case great looking meatloaf. I have forgot about olives and thanks for your trip about rolling the bread crumbs first. I love this site.

Just throwing in these two flavors as excellent additions. The garlic is good as candy and the Wooster powder works really good too. Meatloaf looks really good. View attachment 65681View attachment 65682
That’s why I like adding the garlic or Jalapeño stuffed olives get the olive and the other. Of course pimento is good too.

Sometimes will add powdered ranch dressing or powdered Italian dressing mix.

Which I did a Mississippi meatloaf a while back and it was excellent. Use all the components of Mississippi pot roast minus the butter (suppose if you wanted the flavor you could use powdered butter. I don’t think it’s needed. Turned out amazing. I didn’t post it here because it was an oven bake.

Along the lines of Worcestershire I actually prefer Henderson’s Relish but I’m out. Trying to get through this bottle Worcestershire so I can order more Henderson’s. Henderson’s is better not only in flavor but it’s easier to say and spell 🤣

That’s why I like adding the garlic or Jalapeño stuffed olives get the olive and the other. Of course pimento is good too.

Sometimes will add powdered ranch dressing or powdered Italian dressing mix.

Which I did a Mississippi meatloaf a while back and it was excellent. Use all the components of Mississippi pot roast minus the butter (suppose if you wanted the flavor you could use powdered butter. I don’t think it’s needed. Turned out amazing. I didn’t post it here because it was an oven bake.

Along the lines of Worcestershire I actually prefer Henderson’s Relish but I’m out. Trying to get through this bottle Worcestershire so I can order more Henderson’s. Henderson’s is better not only in flavor but it’s easier to say and spell 🤣
Wooster. Never have said the other 🥴

I love meatloaf! Since I started cooking it over charcoal, I don't do it in the oven anymore. We have it with peas and mashed potato also, seems to be a perfect combination. (y)

Back