This weeks Brisket Slab

Lory Harrison

TVWBB Member
The rain and flooding in Texas is gone. Thank God!! That was a dangerous month.

Here's the brisket I bought last week for this weeks brisket slab, like I said before, in Texas we eat this almost daily and year round. This was smoked over mesquite wood for 12 hours and I pulled it off and wrapped in butcher paper. I do not use tinfoil, it inhibits the meat to breathe while it rests and I also like the smokey flavor.

I added wood every 1 1/2 hrs but I don't know the temp of the smoker or the meat. I don't know if the temp gauge it came with is accurate, I don't use it anyway. I started the fire at 630-7am put the meat on and went back to sleep for a couple hrs, it was 99 degrees outside, the fire held but then as the day gets hotter it eats up wood quicker.

image.jpg1_zps1a63qzfo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg1_zps9jsjbyji.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg3_zps3w2muqz4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Baby backs were added 4 hours before the slab got pulled.

image.jpg4_zpshonwc76l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg5_zps75nzuakr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Delicious as always, this slab hit the spot, should last 4 days.

image.jpg6_zpsfseomx0v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you all for looking!!!

Brisket and Ribs, you're the man Lory! Looks awesome, and the price you Texans pay for Brisket, outstanding!

WOW!!! That is outstanding the brisket looks so yummy. I'll take a plate anytime.

I Like the way you cook! Just do it and perfect results. I can tell that wasn't your first rodeo:D

Lori it looks as though you have this down and looking very well. I am with you on longer cooks i really do not use the temp probe as a cooking to be done tool as much as a how is my heat source doing. Do i need more coal or wood.
This cook really looks much better than anything i have been able to do, well done.

Lori it looks as though you have this down and looking very well. I am with you on longer cooks i really do not use the temp probe as a cooking to be done tool as much as a how is my heat source doing. Do i need more coal or wood.
This cook really looks much better than anything i have been able to do, well done.

Thank you! That I eye also, the only coal I use is a mix of lump and kingsford to the chimney starter and then I add it to the mesquite or oak wood. After that, I just add a couple logs every 1hr 1/2 or 2. This is where I don't mind not having an offset because I like to add the wood and work with the lid fully open, the air hits my slabs or other meats and I add the wood, work with it to make it continue catching and I drizzle boozy cider or a little sauce over the slab and close it up.

Even in my Halfa Weber I do that. You should try it, just go on your experienced ability. It will give what you give. Let me know how great a slab you raise outta there!!

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Here are our slabs here at the grocery store. This is a very deep cooler.

image.jpg1_zps7tpgjk9e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is a very late 10pm shot of my last smoke.

image.jpg3_zpsby5rcjns.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is the reminants of that fire, all burnt up logs of the day.

image.jpg2_zpswf1jp0lb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is my official BBQ tester, she gets first taste of everything. Here she's waiting this morning for yesterday's brisket.

image.jpg4_zpsj3jxtami.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is a fridge cold slab leftover from yesterday.

image.jpg3_zpsgzutbil0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

On the pan for a quick heat up

image.jpg5_zpslrvi5edi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg1_zpsylvlujcn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Family members breakfast brisket taco plate

image.jpg7_zpsv9nb3ag1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mine and my dogs

image.jpg8_zpsmsbqwgql.jpg