This happened today

Jason in CA

TVWBB All-Star
I know I haven't been around much lately. Things are all upside down for me still. But I'm still cooking and still checking in here when I can.

That being said I thought I would share this. Ribs and corn. It was delicious. Sorry no after cook shots. People were hungry. IMG_20220709_142923281.jpg

Jason,
Epic cook! Way to use all the space you have. Now can we please talk more about the bacon wrapped corn? Amazing idea!!!
To be honest that was the first time I'd ever thought about it also. But it was very good and I will be doing it again. The thing is I had a lot of corn that I had already barbecued leftover, and corn that was still uncooked. So I was experimenting. The corn on the left wrapped and unwrapped or uncooked. The three corns on the right wrapped and unwrapped were precooked. I was trying to figure out if I can actually get the corn and bacon done at the same time. What I ended up doing with all of the uncooked corn after it was on the smokers for a while and got the corn mostly cooked was moving it over to the propane grill to crisp up the bacon. Like I said I've never done it before. So I'm still trying to get the technique correct. But they all turned out great and I will be doing it again. I have the smoker set to around 2:10 or 20. I don't remember. Because I wanted to do the ribs very slow and get lots of smoke flavor. So the corn was just thrown on there for experimenting.

I will say do it because no matter what happens you will like it. The ones I threw on the propane grill after being on the smoker got very crispy and they were good. The ones that were just left on the smoker didn't get crispy but the bacon was still good. All around it was all good. I'm going to try and refine this in future experiments 😎🤟

Edit:
It was the already cooked cord that I put on the propane barbecue. I didn't need to cook the corn more but I wanted to crisp up the bacon.

Back