Thermapen ONE 20% off + Free Temp Magnet

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
20% off Thermapen ONE today + a free temp guide magnet.

Please explain to me why it costs $84 (after the discount)?
"The automatic backlight is brighter and the light sensor is more sensitive to changes in ambient lighting conditions."

That's all you need really...

No, it's a bit high - should be $90 normally. They were smart to clear out the Mk4s first.

I personally would rather buy one of these and know i can always rely on it vs an unknown.

Last week I bought a Thermapen One from my local BBQ supplier, St. Louis BBQ Store. I have to say I was hesitant about the price but I was getting really annoyed with my current thermometer, a Thermopro two probe with wires. It took forever to display the temp and the wires were always in the way and getting caught on everything. The grill would lose a lot of heat while I fumbled with that thermometer. It was meant to be used for smoking, left in the meat to monitor for hours.
I wanted to open-stick-read-close.
The Thermapen One is build rock solid, competely waterproof, only requires one hand and provides an instant read display that lights and rotates automatically as needed. Best of all, it’s not made in China.

The Thermapen One is worth every penny to me (I paid full price), and I was happy to support my local BBQ shop.

Last edited:
Please explain to me why it costs $84 (after the discount)?
Thermapen is the gold standard of instant-read thermometers and the choice of many food professionals. There are other products out there with similar features, but ThermoWorks has built its reputation on fast, highly accurate products with excellent quality and support. As with anything made and supported by humans, there are sometimes hiccups and a few have had bad experiences, but for the most part ThermoWorks customers are a highly satisfied lot who find value in this and other products from the company.

I agree with that even if I am a ThermoPro user as well. I love my Smoke and even my little “pop.”

Does it come with a padded hard case to store it in? I'm being serious here; would want it protected.

OK I just realized I could use a hard spectacle case which protects eyeglasses.

Last edited:
Have had one for 8 years, it is great. But it has developed a short in certain positions and I find that I have to open it slowly to avoid stopping in a "cold spot." Might be time to replace it, thanks for the info on the discount.

Bought one. The checkout process is smooth. Sometimes a slow thermometer is OK if you want to bump up the grate temp. but this will be nice. Thanks for posting this and your quick replies.

Loren

Have had one for 8 years, it is great. But it has developed a short in certain positions and I find that I have to open it slowly to avoid stopping in a "cold spot." Might be time to replace it, thanks for the info on the discount.
Mike,

Here is a repair video you might find helpful.

Back