The new Q

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Well did the first cook. I think the best meat to grill to test out new grill is chicken breasts. They are picky and tricky to get right. The new Q did an excellent job.
After the cook and the grates had cooled down I took them off and washed them in the kitchen sink. That in its on right is a game changer!
Simple SPOG seasoning. Grilled until they hit 162f IT.
24B24893-3F86-405B-91EF-FC3511C9760E.jpeg

26B88BD1-BF16-408F-B819-BAA70EDFBA73.jpeg

8254D7D4-C4FC-40DB-A955-FEA037F7CFD9.jpeg

71DB4D54-7B5A-4609-B0EF-5412716A8D0D.jpeg

For a side dish I baked a cauliflower. steamed the head for 10 minutes. Then you spread a mixture of mustard and Mayo. Used 3 tablespoon of Gulden’s spicy and 1/4 cup Mayo (you can sub greek yogurt for mayo for an added tang). Salt and pepper then cover that with sliced or grated cheese. I used slices of Tillamook cheddar. Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.

32DAAAE3-48FD-485A-A34D-4D837A74FF7C.jpeg

6DE946B7-25E2-4A3B-A400-C7DAA4A5BD74.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a good load of meat on there, Case!! What setting were you running on for those? Medium?

Hey, and your cart didn't even fall over! :)

R

Sounds like the Q's going to work out well for you, and the cauliflower looks really interesting!
Thank you! Yep I think it will work out great!
My mom made the cauliflower dish when I was a kid. So it’s been rolling around for a while. Pretty sure she got it out of a Betty Crocker cook book!

That's a good load of meat on there, Case!! What setting were you running on for those? Medium?

Hey, and your cart didn't even fall over! :)

R
Thank you.!

Yeah we cook a pile to use through out the week .I ran the Q on low actually. Worked out great.

Yeah still a bit wobbly but it worked.

Great cook Case. How even is the heating on the Q? Any hot or cold spots worth mentioning?
Seemed to be pretty even. Didn't have to move the pieces around the grill. That was nice. On the lavamaker 2020 I'd have to move the pieces every couple of minutes.

Its a bit small but that's fine for us. I'm usually only cooking for 2 anymore, sometimes three. As you can see 6 breasts worked just fine. I could've crammed 2-4 more on there if needed. Probably could cook 4 nice steaks or pork chops at a time.

Nice cook! Stealing the cauliflower recipe.
Thank you! Iv'e been eating that cauliflower recipe for almost 50 years! Easy to change it up with seasonings or different mustards. My mom either used Guldens like I did or Grey Poop On. On a side note a good sub for mayo is greek yogurt. Gives it a nice tang.

Back