The King is Dead, Long Live the King

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So the new Weber is here and assembled. Standing by the outgoing King.

DSC_0584_zpscc0518b1.jpg

So a nice first celebratory meal to start her down the yellow brick road for the next 30 years

DSC_0585_zps16199c14.jpg

Corn and potatoes on first indirect.

DSC_0586_zps6db665cd.jpg

The Filet's on indirect till 120 then on direct for a sear

DSC_0588_zpsd9e23ea6.jpg

A little Shrimp Cocktail, fresh tomatoes for an appetizer

DSC_0589_zpsf2fdefb6.jpg

The platter

DSC_0591_zps36ae3e06.jpg

Your plate, enjoy

DSC_0592_zps3b14d163.jpg

I think I broke her in admirably

Last edited:
Looks good. Curious, in that pic of the filet in package, did you black out the price for the photo? Because anybody with a calculator can figure out what you paid. ;-)

Your right of course Matt, if someone wanted to sit there with a calculator it can be figured. I try not to talk money or prices or personal business and was always taught such things were not discussed and it is just a habit of my upbringing. Not trying to hide anything.

Last edited:
Your right of course Matt, if someone wanted to sit there with a calculator it can be figured. I try not to talk money or prices or personal business and was always taught such things were not discussed and it is just a habit of my upbringing. Not trying to fool anyone.

Oh, I'm with you, I try not to go out of my way to bring up certain things. I just couldn't help but snicker when I saw that pic-- thought to myself, "If he's trying to obscure what he paid for that beautiful pack of meat, he forgot to hide all the info..."

What , you don't make your own cocktail sauce ??? That's a 2point deduction from what was a near perfect presentation !!!
Way to break in that kettle with a wonderful cook !!!

Back