The Humor Thread

We always start with the shotgun at the hip and don't shoulder it until after the clay bird is in the air. I reload so we would usually go through 100 - 150 rounds in an outing. Sometimes my wife would end up with a bruised shoulder, and one time she had a Drs. appt. where the Dr. saw the bruise and thought that I was responsible for it!

She loved every minute of it! The only thing I didn't care for was cleaning all them shootin' irons at the end of the day. The black powder are the worst...I won't even bring them into the house. But I love the smell of Hoppe's...it smells like freedom!
When I used to reload, I put 7/8 oz lead on top of 18 gr of Clays in a 12ga Winchester AA hull with Winchester 209 primer. It was like a 20ga load in a 12ga hull. Still got 1250 fps speed. I could shoot 200 rounds and not have a soar shoulder.
When the plant burned down in Australia, it became impossible to find Clays. After that, I've switched to Winchester AA factory loads. I have not looked for powder in a long time. No idea if Clays is easy to obtain in 8lb jugs yet, or how much that might cost.
Last time I checked, lead had gone up a lot. Since I no longer shoot on a team, I'm not really that fussed about it. Probably should sell my reloader and supplies.

Back