The Humor Thread

I had an 81 Ford F150 I bought new. 4.9 auto air. It was a great truck. pulled a 20 foot travel trailer all over the western states. Never had a problem with it. Sold it in 1986 with 121K on it and still going strong.

My 302 with dual tanks consistently gets 20 mpg around town, and has for 30 years.
When I went to the lake a lot, it got 23-25 mostly highway mpg, about 3 hours each way.

Both at a time when lots of changes were happening with emission controls and resulting performance and/or fuel economy often suffered. Once the bugs were ironed out, the 302 became the economy engine for the F150. The 4.9 (300) was still carbureted until '86 and did well on gas, especially with a stick shift. Never really looked into the lower mileage once they were injected but thinking it was all about performance and emissions. Also, mine were both 6000 lb. GVWR so among the heavier F150s.

You beat me to it Dan. Was about to say that Chevys were much more humorous than Fords. On quiet mornings here, we sit around and listen to Chevys rust.

A man pulled up in a Chevy pickup next to a little girl walking home from school and said "If you get in, I'll give you a lollypop."

The girl kept walking.

Following along slowly, the man said "Come on and get in the truck with me and I'll give you two lollypops."

She kept her eyes on the sidewalk and continued on her way.

The man said "Get in with me and I'll give you this whole bag of lollypops!"

Finally, the girl turned and said "Look daddy, YOU bought the Chevy, YOU ride in it!!!"

Back