The Humor Thread

fb742071301b4d692985cf0852bc16c5b982ae24d1286eff6ae86e06cf2d8c9f.jpg

2 nights in a row our dogs got blasted. Who woulda thought that skunk would come back??? I sure didn't! The second night the 1 dog got it full on in the face and was foaming at the mouth it was so bad. 3:30am, let him out for a bathroom trip, had to drag him inside for a bath. The house stunk for a week. Good times!
Same skunk? How long for them to "recharge" after a spray, or can they do multiple ones? Enquiring minds want to know.

Same skunk? How long for them to "recharge" after a spray, or can they do multiple ones? Enquiring minds want to know.
I read somewhere that they have a "6-shooter" back there but you are right, it does take time for them to recharge. I caught the skunk on camera the first night but not the second. The skunk has never come back since then, knock on wood.

Backyard Cam 2021-02-07 01.41.05.601 AM cropped.jpg

Gee, Ed, my dog learned after the first time, what kind of dogs do you own? 2 nights running? Those may not be the brightest bulbs in the chandelier, are they?

Gee, Ed, my dog learned after the first time, what kind of dogs do you own? 2 nights running? Those may not be the brightest bulbs in the chandelier, are they?
Both of them are Yorkies, but the larger of the two is a nose with a dog attached. Terriers were bred for hunting rats in the early 1800's and the bigger one has quite a nose.They were bred to be companion dogs later when the rat problem was brought under control, but this dog is absolutely fearless.

"The Yorkie was first and foremost developed in working communities as a working dog, small enough to fit into small cracks and corners of textile mills to hunt mice and other rodents. Yorkies also worked in the region’s coal mines to hunt rodents. " [source]

Last edited:
Grandchildren have a Yorkie, so does my sister, being “ratters“ is one thing but after being “Scented” one night and following it up with the repeat performance? There is tenacious and then there is…something else. I believe you have something else.

Back