The Greatest Myths about BBQ

Roman

There is a great deal of myths, rumors and inuendos in BBQing. If anyone would play along, this might be a good excercise and prove to be humorous. I would like to start it by saying:

Meat must be at room temp before cooking.

Never pre salt your meat...
icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Roman:

Meat must be at room temp before cooking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I got this cookbook with my new Weber Genesis (published 2005/supplied to me 2009)
steak.jpg

Most seem to involve cooking temp, like...

"Cook at or below the boiling point of water" (to keep the meat moist)

OR

"If you let the pit temp fluctuate you'll SHOCK the meat, and that's another reason why you don't put meat on cold right out of the fridge, too." (supposedly making it harder to cook to tenderness)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
my way is the only way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well that's right- My way is the only way.

I'm gonna throw (how far...10 feet?, 20 feet? a football throw?) those steaks on the barbecue ...or skillet...or pot. Is a home kitchen really big enough to get a good aim on that throw????

Ugh! "Throwing" any food onto or into anything really irks me. Shows lack of respect for the source.

On the "barbecue"....well, you know what I mean.

This could become a rant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ugh! "Throwing" any food onto or into anything really irks me. Shows lack of respect for the source.

On the "barbecue"....well, you know what I mean.

This could become a rant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rita,
I was throwing down a beer when I read this, and almost had an eruption
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Len Dennis:
Don't turn your steak with a fork. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

enlighten me. i'm an anti meat hook/fork flipper

Back