The Day She Came Into My Life

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
She arrived this morning. Assembled after work and now performing the burn-in. Startup to 450F in about ten minutes. No Weber pellets at Lowes, so I grabbed 20lbs of Bear Mountain Red, White and Blue for $12.97. I think there's a Cabela's or Costco run going on the calendar for this weekend.

tempImage687JXT.jpg

tempImagencKkbx.jpg

She's a beaut Jim! Happy days ahead. What are you going to SmokeFire first?

Still deciding, but probably something simple like burgers.

Everything went very smoothly with set up and burn in. One thing I noticed is that the lid is very 'tight', for lack of a better term. It takes quite a bit of effort to open - my wife needed to use both hands. Is this normal? Could it just be that the nuts were over tightened? It came that way, so it wasn't an over tightening by me.

The lid will get easier to open after you use it for a bit. Mine was the same way until it got a good seasoning.

Congratulations! If memory serves, I had to crack loose my lid bolts, possibly something like 1/10'th of a turn.

That is a beauty, and looks great on your deck too.
So is the sear a new model or name? I am still learning about smoke fires.

I

Is this a EX4? Because it is a nice size to me. I have not seen one up close in a couple years

Yes, it's the 4. I debated going large, but ultimately decided that having my Genesis for any needed additional capacity should be sufficient.

Sear+ is basically the newest model. It adds the blacked out finishes, grate upgrades, side shelf and the internal light (which I'm sure will be covered in soot and useless after a handful of cooks). Never understood the inclusion of lights inside a grill. And I noticed a grill for sale at Lowes that had a huge 'window'. Another feature I figure will be useless after a few cooks.

Yes, it's the 4. I debated going large, but ultimately decided that having my Genesis for any needed additional capacity should be sufficient.

Sear+ is basically the newest model. It adds the blacked out finishes, grate upgrades, side shelf and the internal light (which I'm sure will be covered in soot and useless after a handful of cooks). Never understood the inclusion of lights inside a grill. And I noticed a grill for sale at Lowes that had a huge 'window'. Another feature I figure will be useless after a few cooks.
Looks to me a very good size, yeah I don't understand the light part but the rest is cool. Only needs a front self and some food to cook up.
So what's on the menue???

Back