Thanks Jim for the Inspiration Chuck Eye's a la Bill

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So Jim Lampe has been driving me crazy for months with these, so I officially thank you as my family ate great tonight. Made some variations looking for different flavors so bare with me.
Some nice Eye's marinating all day in Worcestershire Sauce, beef broth, some of my rub spices and a bit of my Weyerbacher Stout.

Got some green and yellow zuchinni and larger size baby bella mushrooms, along with a new onion for me, cipiollini whole. Tried some new tastes this time, using champagne vinegar, EVOO, some smoked paprika, granulated garlic, white pepper and sea salt. marinated for a couple of hours.

Got the 30 year old grill going with lump and put the veggies in on the CI, had the Yukon Golds already on for 45 minutes.

A crowded grill is a happy grill

It is 98 Degrees here right now at 5pm. This is not a job for the faint of heart! I needed resuciatation though about half way through with a couple of bottles of Weyerbacher Heresy. If you have not had this beer do yourself a favor and get some for yourself.

This is where I will be after dinner for sure

So I cooked them to 130 indirect and then seared directly over the coals, had some hickory in the coals, made a nice flavor to everything.
All finished heading in for dinner, made up a special butter with tarragon, garlic, S&P and some fine cut green onions for the potatoes.

Apparently some things like the heat

On the table, a half slice of provolone and some home made Sangria.

Your plate if you care to join

Last edited:
Bill, great looking meal, beautiful surroundings and homemade Sangria?!? Doesn't get much better than that! Oh, and stop giving Jim Lampe credit for stuff - his head will get too big to get into the P1gvilion! And he's hosting the first Weber GrillFest - it would be a shame if he couldn't make his own party! :cool: (Just kidding Jim!! :D)

Bill, things like this make me glad you're here....................... OUTSTANDING!!!
DSC_0587_zps6b9fd3f9.jpg

I'm dying, (an' not from the heat...sorry) Steak, taters, a pool, great beer, grilled veggies, the list goes on. Great job, Bill.

I like the way you roll, Bill. From the pool, to the sangria to the awesome spread of food.

I do not like to comment on photo displayed cooks from this work computer because only a few people here use picasa (the only photo host my company does not block)... in other words, Bill, I can not see your pics. I will stop back later once i'm home...
However, i can read all the words folks type here. ;)
And to set the story straight. Bob Correll started this fad a few years ago, i simply grabbed on and ran with it. So Bob gets the credit on this.
And listen here Mr. Willis, my head can not get any bigger than it is :p and if it did, i'm certain my doctor would put it on a diet as well as my person :D

And listen here Mr. Willis, my head can not get any bigger than it is :p and if it did, i'm certain my doctor would put it on a diet as well as my person :D

Sorry Jim, just a bit of jealousy creeping through (re: I want my own P1gvilion, or at least want to come see yours)! :cool:

Back