Teres Major is major league delicious

It's a huge secret. But the teres major is big time good and very inexpensive, if you can find it. I've been told it's difficult to properly butcher the cut so typically it's just added for ground beef. Any time I see it at my meat market I buy whatever they have. If you've ever ordered steak medallions at a restaurant you've very likely had this cut. Very much like a tenderloin so restaurants can sell "filet medallions" at tenderloin prices, while only spending sirloin money.

It's interesting because it's the only cut of steak I've ever grilled that actually plumps and gets larger when cooked.

Here at two past posts of mine when I cooked this cut:

It's a huge secret. But the teres major is big time good and very inexpensive, if you can find it. I've been told it's difficult to properly butcher the cut so typically it's just added for ground beef. Any time I see it at my meat market I buy whatever they have. If you've ever ordered steak medallions at a restaurant you've very likely had this cut. Very much like a tenderloin so restaurants can sell "filet medallions" at tenderloin prices, while only spending sirloin money.

It's interesting because it's the only cut of steak I've ever grilled that actually plumps and gets larger when cooked.

Here at two past posts of mine when I cooked this cut:

Yeah, I have asked my three butchers about this cut and none have, carry, or cut it. I haven't looked online for it, but may have to ask I really want to try it.

Richard,
I love your cooks! Everything about them are elevated!! I see those sugar snap peas, they have been my go to veggie recently, just picked up more today. I wish I could find this cut of beef, I really do want to try it.

Richard,
I love your cooks! Everything about them are elevated!! I see those sugar snap peas, they have been my go to veggie recently, just picked up more today. I wish I could find this cut of beef, I really do want to try it.
Yeah. Love them. I just put them in foil and do a two minute cook. I like ‘em crispy and crunchy!

Back