Tear Jerker's *****

Originally posted by Tom Barineau:
2. This version of "Amazing Grace" that someone recently sent me--turn on your speakers and hold on to your seat at about the three minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrnB4FZ-yc
Tom, That was most excellent, Thanks for sharing.
icon_cool.gif
I also loved the bagpipes in the song.
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Dan H.:
check this out Bryan, sometimes no words are needed to jerk a few tears lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3szcLNU_gfA
and the rest of the cd could be your Harley cruisen music!
Dan, Yeah I love that song. Well I just cracked open my first cold carbonated beverage of the evening and Amy is starting the night out.
icon_biggrin.gif
Keep em coming, this is fun.
icon_cool.gif

Ok, I'll throw one in the mix.

From U2's Vertigo live dvd of a few years ago.

"Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own" is sung by Bono to his Dad, and it never fails to remind me of mine who left us several years ago.

Ok, A different kind of tear jerker, a tear jerker non the less. This video is on the top of my list, right up there with "November Rain" as the best of all time. I rate this one slightly above and my all time favorite video and song. Give it a listen, and listen to the words. It's about the Vietnam war. Metallica "One"

Originally posted by Keri C:
Being the dog-oriented person that I am, anything on THIS SITE (the poetry pages from the Pet Loss website) will pretty much do me in.

(My current Q-buddy Solo and I compete in things other than BBQ, too.)

-Keri C, and Solo (officially known as Rescue's Nevr Flyin Solo Again, CGC, RA)

Keri, thanks for the site link. I can't bring myself to look at some of the stuff yet - we had to say "bye" to Cody in October. He was healthy as could be, and six days later he had to be put to sleep. It's going to be a very lonely Christmas here....

My picks:

The River -- Bruce Springsteen
Wolves -- Garth Brooks (written by Stephanie Davis)
Neon Moon -- Brooks & Dunn

My step son just passed away after a year and a half battle with cancer. I can't listen to the new Montgomery Gentry song,"Roll With Me". Gotta tear starting just thinking about the second verse.

Not quite a "tear jerker" but it's a sad song, "Don't close your eyes" by Keith Whitly. Another one for me is "Dance with my father again" by Luther V. I have a daughter who doesn't live with me so whenever I hear that song it tugs at my heart just a bit.

Bryan, thanks for the link, and also for dusting off this thread, that I was not aware of.

I just read all the posts, and agree with many of the selections, but even more than that, they seem to put a human face on the fine members of this forum, for lack of better words.

I'm in my early 60's and just recently discovered Van Morrison's early stuff.
Sure I knew Brown Eyed Girl, Domino, and Moondance, but his Moondance & Astral Weeks albums provide some very emotional listening, IMO.

The backgroung music on the Astral Weeks album took some getting use to, but I highly recommend both albums to those that may not have heard them.

for me, a tearjerker doesn't have sad lyrics or subject matter. i'm mostly moved by a song that may have been part of my life 'soundtrack' at a particular moment.

or, james jamerson's bass playing will do it to me every time. his playing on 'what's going on?' by marvin gaye will make my eyes water every time.

Bob, Thanks for recommending Astral Weeks. I can't believe that album is over 40 years old. Still sounds hip to me. After an NPR story last year I finally picked it up; one of those perfect albums.
I'd like to add my voice to the Roy Orbison "Cry" crowd. For something completely different, try Arvo Pärt’s Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten, contemporary orchestral composer (Live) from the album, Tabula Rasa. Beautiful and very moving.
Oh yeah, and because I've been listening to this album recently, try Nick Lowe and Dave Edmund's Crying in the Rain by the Everly Brothers. (Am I dating myself?)

Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:

Oh yeah, and because I've been listening to this album recently, try Nick Lowe and Dave Edmund's Crying in the Rain by the Everly Brothers. (Am I dating myself?)

i LOVE their Rockpile 'seconds of pleasure' album! that gets regular rotation in my truck!

i LOVE their Rockpile 'seconds of pleasure' album! that gets regular rotation in my truck!
Likewise (only in my Suburu). I recently picked up Lowe's Jesus of Cool album. A bit uneven, but the cd includes the Brit and US mixes of the tunes. Cool beans.

Back