Tear Jerker's *****

You guys just floored me with how sentimental you all are. I cried a zillion times while reading this entire thread, and so enjoyed your stories even through my tears. I've prayed for all of you who are suffering from loss or frightened by illness in your family.

"Crying" by Roy Orbison always gets me. "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak makes me tear up, too. To be honest, I'm well known for being a crybaby. And I can't listen to ANYTHING on bagpipes without crying -- not a single song. I think if they played a freaking polka on bagpipes that I would cry! Still tear up at the National Anthem, too, and let's not even talk about "America the Beautiful."

A holiday song that I cannot listen to without crying is "O Holy Night." When I was in high school taking French classes, we had to memorize "O Holy Night" to sing in French. I was in the living room one night -- God knows I can't sing either -- practicing and I looked up and my mom, who died in 2007 at 88, was standing there with tears running down her face. She told me her mother, who played the organ and sang at church, used to sing that in French and she could not remember the last time she'd heard it in French. (My mom was born in Louisiana and French was her first language.) Heck, the song itself used to make me cry -- now I can't hear it without really bawling. (I'm such a crybaby that tears are running down my face while I'm typing this.)

Thanks for sharing so much of yourselves...

Way to go Michelle, reading your story this morning choked me up a bit. :)

This thread, and others where members share their life's joys and sorrows, is a true testament to the quality of the people found here.

Group hug! :eek:

If you're into tear-jerkers these three will be somewhere near the top of your list - 1. Angel Flight - Radio Tower Remix
2. GI Joe and Lillie (Oak Ridge Boys) 3. Some Gave All - Billy Ray Cyrus. These are all availble on You Tube and all are a great listen. Bob

Back