Taco night - partially grilled.

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I love the flap meat from Costco - it's a great, beefy flavor and awesome on tacos. Usually, they come two in a pack. The last one I bought had a large steak and a smaller one. I season them with S&P, oregano, chili powder and cumin; vac seal individually and use for tacos. My MO is to sous vide for anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours, then sear on the grill. Tonight's steak was a smaller one. And since my kids are only Luke-warm on steak, I also threw a small pack of pulled pork into the hot tub with the steak. Once the pork was fully warmed, I threw it in a pan with some oregano, cumin, and chili powder and got it a little crispy. The steak was thrown on the Genesis at high heat to sear the outsides. A good night for tacos or taco salads. I also did a batch of pickled red onion at lunch - they are so good with steak tacos. Add a little rice with cumin, chili powder, EVOO and cilantro, and you have a nice salad.

1611885609085.jpeg

1611885668552.jpeg

1611885682141.jpeg

Photography is off the charts again, Jim! Of course, the subject is perfect, so that helps! I think I need to schedule a taco night.... :)

R

I love the flap meat from Costco - it's a great, beefy flavor and awesome on tacos. Usually, they come two in a pack. The last one I bought had a large steak and a smaller one. I season them with S&P, oregano, chili powder and cumin; vac seal individually and use for tacos. My MO is to sous vide for anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours, then sear on the grill. Tonight's steak was a smaller one. And since my kids are only Luke-warm on steak, I also threw a small pack of pulled pork into the hot tub with the steak. Once the pork was fully warmed, I threw it in a pan with some oregano, cumin, and chili powder and got it a little crispy. The steak was thrown on the Genesis at high heat to sear the outsides. A good night for tacos or taco salads. I also did a batch of pickled red onion at lunch - they are so good with steak tacos. Add a little rice with cumin, chili powder, EVOO and cilantro, and you have a nice salad.

View attachment 21917

View attachment 21918

View attachment 21919
Now that’s how Taco Night is done!

I love taco night, we do tons of grilled chicken taco dishes, I did a half pork shoulder into tacos, and I have been using left over pork shoulder to make nachos, but I don't do steak, I need to change that. I love the Sous vide work you are doing lately, the idea of letting that do its job then hit it on the gasser durning the cold darker days has me thinking how nice that would be.

Back