Survivor: patio edition.

Which would you vote off the island?

• Total voters
Yeah, I wanted Caputo blue, but they were out of it so I went with Red instead of nothing.
Well at least you have it available at a local store, I have to outsource via the net. Where I live merchants would never stock something that they have never heard of!

Copy. the 700+ is ideal for Neapolitan style pizzas, and if you have an Ooni or similar type oven where you can envelop the pie in heat all around.

While you can get the WSK to those temps, the problem I've run into is lack of a top heat source/deflector that gets the pizza top more leopard like on its crust.

I, personally, am using the red bag @DanHoo featured above and my desired cook temp is around 500-550F on my pizza steel, and using an aluminum mesh pizza screen. Once the pizza is cooked (around 4-5 mins), I then deck the pizza onto the steel for final crisping/texture.

I'd be curious to see how other WSK owners are using, if they are, the blue bag at 700F temps. I'd like to see how that dough and pizza turns out.

I run a 62% hydration on the 00 red bag flour and it's worked well. Higher hydration than that and the dough texture becomes too weird for my liking.

Thanks for the clarification.
I knew ahead of time based upon your past pies that the blue bag isn't for you. I too am curious to see how Summit users can produce Neapolitan style pizza since there is no pizza equipment that I know of that fits the larger size & can support the higher temps via wood.

My weberitis was in remission...

And then I picked up the 2013 performer for $10.

I was planning to clean it up and flip it, but the E6 needs a side table, so this will have to do for a while, and I've not yet replicated a vortex cook on the E6, so football season and wings...

20220828_174850.jpg

Last edited:
Three of these are on the beach waiting for a boat.

the MBH has the original ash catcher and was modified to add ash sweeps.

The brownie is spoken for.

The black one with the big dent in the lid has no ash catcher and the sweeps are rusted.

A friend has his sights on the one touch platinum but he'll be in the dog house if he brings it home right now.

20221002_132459.jpg

Last edited:
The utility of all are not in question, but to me, all are "large". I'm probably wrong, but I would drop the silver as redundant. But not real familiar so it may be the best "smaller" grill.

Dan, I don't think I would feel too bad about chucking the two grills there that nobody has shown an interest in taking off your hands.

My weberitis was in remission...

And then I picked up the 2013 performer for $10.

I was planning to clean it up and flip it, but the E6 needs a side table, so this will have to do for a while, and I've not yet replicated a vortex cook on the E6, so football season and wings...

View attachment 58395
If you swap locations of the BGE with the performer every grill will have a L+R table.

Gee, Dan if transit wasn’t such a long haul, I’d love the original one touch platinum (prior to platypus) on the left! that would make the new “rotisserie carriage” a lot easier to build!
I wonder if there are enough members to do a “ride share” kind of thing!?🤣🤣

You know, the folks here are so generous I’m a little surprised that this subject has not gotten a thread of its own. I wouldn’t mind being part of a “friendly delivery network”. I’d take something that I could fit in my vehicle 150 miles now and then.
I was privileged to meet the seller of my WSM 1/2 an hour out of my way on a trip to see my sister. The “Hopscotch“ delivery from one member to another could actually be fun!
Am I nuts?
Wait…
don’t answer that!

Back