Surgeon General determines Weberitis is incurable!

TonyS T-Bone

TVWBB Super Fan
Well the wife wants to have a serious "talk" about my "affliction" especially in light of what I picked up this week!

6x8rY4B.jpg

...Especially since I dragged this home a few months ago, and have yet to finish (got all the parts ordered though!) lol.

ryoYMrU.jpg

They get used to it after a while Tony. Here is my Genesis Gold B, I made it a "Redhead."

I like that Redhead Gold, Pat. Cool combo. I have a shiny brand new mica black lid with SS handle for my Gold project. Adding Black knobs, igniter switch, black tank cover and I'm painting those plastic end pieces black. And maybe a few skull and crossbones decals. LOL

Barb has threaten to have me put in a rubber suit, in a padded room in hotel silly if I get anymore grills. But she understands there is no cure. But I promised her that no more 260 mile round trips to Phoenix to pick up a fifty dollar project grill.

Tony,
Welcome to the Weber Jr. club!
Looks like you have a super-nice example of the breed.

Jeff

Two great finds, Tony. I know well how you feel, though. I just let my wife beeeze through this thread. Her reaction to Pat’s “They get used to it” line was priceless. I don’t think she ever will, but I give her ample cause.:eek:

If I had ANY room, I would love to have one of those Jrs. It does look like you got a very nice one for sure. Congrats on that! We will look forward to seeing more.

Last edited:
Nothing really popping around me yet. At least nothing with rehab potential. I am very surprised. It is OK, because I have a back log and no room, but I am always open to one of those "can't pass it up deals".

I don't understand the fascination with what wasn't a very good grill to begin with, same with the gas kettle some are taken with.

I have to agree Larry. I would not want a Jr or even a 1-5 for a personal grill. I suppose if you are into collecting or something, then yah, but I would probably find a good Silver A instead of the Jr.

I don't understand the fascination with what wasn't a very good grill to begin with, same with the gas kettle some are taken with.

Yes, everything I have heard is that the Jr. doesn't cook well. The gas kettle I suppose shows that mixing two really good things together doesn't always work out.

I admit, though, that if I had lots of room in a dry place to keep them that I would still love to have one of each. I am addicted to both enjoying grilling/bbq and also collecting things. I have coins, old toys, Kennedy assassination memorabilia, and, yes, a few too many grills that I really don't need for cooking on. My Skyline at least sees regular service so it is a USEFUL collectible; hopefully my Genesis Platinum will be the same. But the Genesis 1 (actually more like a 1.75) for which I have been accumulating parts will just be, well, just because. I am sure that is what most people see in these Genesis Jr. grills.

Back