Superbowl menu, whats yours?

michele p

TVWBB Pro
Definitely ABT's....
Pulled pork sliders
chicken wings
besides that, I could use a little inspiration.
What are you serving?

How could I forget about a fatty?!
icon_redface.gif

Thanks for the reminder.

We have a tradition of giant smothered green chile burritos. We also had a year of hot wings. I got the wok for the 22.5 so it might be stir fry this time.

Option four is q for the neighbors. I took some over to the neghbors and it was gone in a flash.

So many options.

If I don't do chili, I'm thinking flank steak. Haven't done one in several months and I've got a hankering.

Current thinking is :

- 15-20 pounds of Puerco Pibil (Robert Rodruigez's recipe from the Once Upon A Time In Mexico DVD)

- wings done Roadside Chicken style, plus a bunch marinated with Grace's jerk seasoning for contrast

Unspecified side dishes, although reading this thread reminded me that ABTs need to be on the list.

Can you tell I'm making this up as I go ?

Meatball Hoagies
Poor boy Italian beef sammys
Crispy breaded wings on the OTG
The rest is up to my wife
icon_biggrin.gif

Tim

Catering a party at the local smoke shop at which I hang. I have done this 5 years running! I will have to drag out the big pit for this so, I hope the weather is favorable! Menu for 20 is brisket, back ribs, meat loaf, baked beans, cole slaw, redskin potatoes.

Not sure what we're doing. The night before the super bowl there is a neighborhood wing competition which I plan to win. Not sure what's cooking for the actual game, maybe some chuck tacos. Either way, smoke will be generated!

Large group coming over, so pulled pork sandi's will be on the menu

Along with fresh Buffalo wings. (I buy the whole fresh wing intact, cut off the tips, then sever the wing at the joint) bread them with some flour and numerous spices, then into the deep fryer for 13 mins)

I love Franks Sauce; I also make a garlic BBQ sauce for the wussys

Finally, i’m gonna do a couple fatty’s for the first time. Anyone got any good Idea's?

not sure yet, but since the cardinal is VA's state bird i guess it would be illegal to serve that
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_redface.gif

Originally posted by Tony C.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
I'm thinking some Homemade pies are in order for the Cardinal rout of the Steelers.
icon_biggrin.gif
is lancaster eagles territory? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tony, Prob 60/40 split Eagles (60) and Steelers (40). I'm a Seahawks fan though.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back