Superbowl menu, whats yours?

Beer, and more beer. We usually go with chicken wings and the wives will make a bunch of sides, so no grilling for the SB. But there will be smoke rising in the backyard
icon_cool.gif

quote:
We have a tradition of giant smothered green chile burritos

Can you tell me the recipe? That sounds GOOD!

Michele,

Sorry this took so long but I have been busy.

This is my mom's recipe.

Mary Beth's Green Chile:

*Cut 2 pork steaks into strips and brown along with the bone.

*Grill 1 onion

*Add 6 cups of H2O

*Add can of stewed tomatoes (drained)

*Add 1 TBS Chicken Broth Granules (if you like it hot you can sub with a dry mexican spice mix packet)

*Add 12 oz of green chilies (we moved to New Mexico and have since switched to fresh roasted green chilies and use about 7 whole chilies that have been diced for more kick).

Simmer for 2 hours; remove bone;

*add 3/4 cup cold H20 mixed with 3 rounded TBS Flour SLOWLY to thicken. (slowly or it will create lumps)

Serve.

HMMMM Super Bowl Food
This is a smothering green chile.
We build our burritos w/ all the fixins, mix in Spanish rice, smother, add a dollop of sour cream, top with cheese.

The next day we add a can of pintos and or bite sized potatoes to create a green chile stew.

Reheat, top with grated cheese, and dunk tortillas.

I just bought 6 racks on loin backs, 9 lbs of meat loaf mix, and 7 -6-7 lb flats to cook for the smokeshop at which I hang. They get about 20 regulars who DEMAND I cook every year! Also doing baked beans and Bill's Surprise Potatoes. They will only eat three flats, the others I seel to regular customers for $30.00 ea! I have a buddy coming over next Sunday while I cook who is bringing a turkey and three pheasants. He wants me to "demo" cooking in the WSM, before he decides to toss his ECB (electric), and "take the plunge!" Also, I am doing 3 duck breasts to make some gumbo the following week. I have no idea what the temp, or weather conditions will be, but, come 5:00 am, I'll be out there firing up the big boy pit! These guys are paying $20.00/plate!

I haven't finalized anything with the boss yet, but I am looking at a fatty, wings, and peanuts. Seems a little thin, so may throw some brats and burgers on the grill. I am looking for a simple day.
icon_smile.gif

i got two 7 pound butts and 8 pounds of wings today. i am thinking of doing the wings roadside style. or maybe 1/2 roadside and 1/2 buffalo.

I’m doing 30 pounds of pork shoulder for 40 on Saturday, so there BETTER be some pulled pork left over for the game!

Originally posted by RDOwens:
I haven't finalized anything with the boss yet, but I am looking at a fatty, wings, and peanuts.
icon_smile.gif

You might want to reconsider those peanuts or at least cook the heck out of them.

Lots of snacks, but the stuff going on the WSM and Kettle are: 2-3 chickens for pulled chicken sandwiches, a bunch of chicken wings (some buffalo, some asian flavored), sausage stuffed jalpenos, and probably a stuffed fatty of some sort, perhaps incorporating the bacon wrap that is making the news these days.

I was going to do a butt, but we've got a party Saturday night and church Sunday morning, so I'm not sure I have time for an overnight cook.

Originally posted by Dave/G:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDOwens:
I haven't finalized anything with the boss yet, but I am looking at a fatty, wings, and peanuts.
icon_smile.gif

You might want to reconsider those peanuts or at least cook the heck out of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why is that? There's a Raichlin recipe I have at home for smoking them. Sounded simple and nice.

Originally posted by Dave/G:
You might want to reconsider those peanuts or at least cook the heck out of them.

Last I read, the problems with the contaminated peanut paste occurred between cooking and packaging at one particular company. It wouldn't have anything to do with the peanuts you buy at the store.

I've updated mine:

Smoking three chickens. Two for pulled sammys, and one to be pulled/chopped for chicken and chorizo chili. Other than that, chips and other "traditional" apps. If I find some good ribs on sale, I'll throw those on while I have the smoker fired up.

We are doing killer chili,seafood and sausage jambalaya, bacon,cheddar and jalapeno cornbread, beer - lots of it and dessert

I am excited to try the dizzy pig recipe for breaded grilled "almost fried" chicken wings. I usually do my wings "roadside style" (thanks Brian S) but interested to try them a different way. More excited to see the Budweiser commercials than the football game, but thats just me!

Originally posted by B.Watts:
Last I read, the problems with the contaminated peanut paste occurred between cooking and packaging at one particular company. It wouldn't have anything to do with the peanuts you buy at the store.
Ah, that's probably what he meant. Gotcha. Sometimes I'm a little slow.

Originally posted by Paul Anderson:
I am excited to try the dizzy pig recipe for breaded grilled "almost fried" chicken wings. I usually do my wings "roadside style" (thanks Brian S) but interested to try them a different way. More excited to see the Budweiser commercials than the football game, but thats just me!

I did the DP wings for the first time a few weeks ago. They were really good. Hope you like 'em.

Just put my 8 lb. bone in butt on w/ some hickory. Should be ready to pull from WSM around kickoff . . . rested and pulled for Half Time supper.

Happy Super Bowl.

Just the family tonight...no party. So it's a simple cook.

Doing 2 racks of baby backs for our dinner and also throwing on a small chuck roast to have some pulled beef to save. This will be my first try with pulled beef...I'm excited.

Any sides or snacks are up to the wife. Not sure what she has planned. Saw her making up a batch of monterey jack salsa last night...it's good.

Back