Superbowl menu, whats yours?

Just decided the other day to have a couple of friends over,so I'm off to get some wings. Gonna marinate some in zesty italian dressing,some in chipotle lime dressing,some in spicy ranch,and some are gonna get rubbed in Weber's kickin' chicken. Oh yeah,LOTS of beer!
icon_biggrin.gif
Go Steelers,pluck them Cards!!

Was gonna be ribs until I realized at 3:00 this morning that I had forgotten to take them out of the freezer - so it's going to be pork tenderloin instead. I'm disappointed that my senility seems to be advancing rapidly!

I bought about a half slab of beef ribs at the grocery store yesterday to go with the frozen porkers, so I guess I'll do those on the grill a-la Steve Raichlen.

What is it that Marines do? Adapt, Improvise and overcome?

Pat

The little woman and I are having grilled tri tip that I'll do on the kettle this afternoon around 4. Basic sides, probably green beans and a potato of sorts. Steelers 64 Cardinals 13. (I'm usually never right, hardly ever close)

Beer can birds have been on about an hour and a half. Getting ready to throw the chorizo on the gasser to go into the chili later.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Headed to Larry R's house around noon for some BB ribs, chicken wings, Fattie, stuffed with cheese, and some burnt ends. Will be washing all of that down with a few MGD 64's (watching my weight...LOL) and hopefully we will get to see a fairly close and entertaining football game in the middle of all that.
Cardinals 33 Steelers 31

Got a cryo of ribs at Costco yesterday. Started them at 8:30 this morning, so they'll be done before game time. WSM is currently holding steady at 230*, and I'm enjoying some pre-game Guinness.

PICTURES
Here are some pictures of the grub so far. Everything is coming together and the 64 is going down quite nicely. Weather cooperating, cooking in shorts and flip flops! Happy Superbowl, now let's see some pictures of your grub!!!

EDIT: I'm so full I think I'm going to be ill. Ate and drank way too much. Everything turned out great, great game and great company. Love day's like this.

Put the wings on about an hour and a half ago. Used some JD chips for smoke. Gonna go add some more in just a few,then shower and a brewski(or several!!
icon_smile.gif
). Here's hoping for good wings,a great game(go Steelers!),and even better commercials!

Six racks of ribs currently at 235 (love the Guru!) with pecan as the smoke wood. Famous Dave's Bread Pudding in the oven.

I've never cooked with a Guru (don't own one) but damn it looks tempting.

It's just a pain in the *** to attempt an overnight cook, knowing the temps are going to drop and I won't get any sleep.

We are having chili, hotdogs, and some snack foods. Power has been off a few days. Trees down everywhere but i think that we were lucky. nobody in my family froze. My generator never failed. Many folks around here cant say the same about being lucky.

Two planks of BRITU. Just did the turn about a half hour ago and I almost ate them right there. Twice baked potatotes, homemade salsa with pablano chiles & jalapeno and chips for starters.

Don't care who wins, I just want a good close game.

LOVE THAT WSM!!! I should have had one YEARS ago!

Russ

All went well with the Super Bowl Cook. Used Chris G brisket red wine marinade. This came out great.Here is a photo of my gear.Just added a computer outside out of old parts and a bargin lcd with a mount I got from monoprice.com Jims Barbecue Smoker

I did a 9 pound picnic shoulder on the WSM for sandwiches...and some leg quarters on the Kettle...baked beans and green beans for sides...washed it all down with some good ole Bojangles sweet TEA!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back