Super simple chicken torta..nothing fancy

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This is a super simple chicken torta we had for dinner tonight. We started with the salsa. 6 jalapeno peppers, 3 green tomatos, 1/2 a small onion, 2 garlic cloves. All grilled and then they go to the blender and add salt and pepper to your preference.

1359512215.jpg

Started on the refried beans. brown some chopped onion and add beans and bring to a boil. then smash them and let them cool down.

1359512313.jpg

1359512315.jpg

1359512320.jpg

Grilled the chicken breast fillet I got and marinated with 2 oranges, 1 lime, equal parts salt,pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin. chop 1/2 onion and 1/2 a bunch of cilantro. Marinade for about 4 hours.

1359512237.jpg

toasted the torta bread

1359512240.jpg

I put mayonaise on the bread, added beans, chicken , tomatoes and salsa. Very simple nothing fancy.

1359512245.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Very nice Tony!! It all looks super...man all these years of making refried beans and I never thought about adding onion!!!

Nice cooking and thanks for the idea! Simple but super!!

Very nice Tony!! It all looks super...man all these years of making refried beans and I never thought about adding onion!!!

Nice cooking and thanks for the idea! Simple but super!!

I usually add 2 finely chopped jalapeños and 1 chopped red tomato. And it taste good.

I usually add 2 finely chopped jalapeños and 1 chopped red tomato. And it taste good.

I usually add the chicken tomato bullion cubes, butter and lots of pepper jack...but your method sounds like a party!!

Thanks again!!

Tony...your "simple" cooks always rock. I look forward the day when you say you have a complex/complicated cook cause I KNOW you will amaze.

Back