Sunday Spare Ribs

Bobby P

TVWBB Super Fan
I haven't been posting on here as of much lately, but I'd like to change that up today. Here are my Smokey Sunday Spare Ribs. I did these by the seat of my pants, and they are probably the best ribs I've made in a long time. Enjoy the pictures!!!

Last edited:
Those are some great looking ribs. Color was spot on as was the smoke ring. Looks like a great cook. Seat of pants many times gives wonderful results. I used to cook a lot of chinese in a wok and guests would ask how I did the cook and most times I would just say I just thru it all together and everyone raved about it. Sometimes it just works. Great pictures by the way.

This was the first time I've ever mopped my ribs. I waited till the ribs built up a nice crust/bark and started mopping every 30 minutes till they came off the wsm. The mopping sauce was just some Heinz Kansas City BBQ sauce cut with apple cider vinegar, ancho chile powder, and some cayenne. Between that and the cherry wood chunks it gave those ribs some awesome color.

This was the first time I've ever mopped my ribs. I waited till the ribs built up a nice crust/bark and started mopping every 30 minutes till they came off the wsm. The mopping sauce was just some Heinz Kansas City BBQ sauce cut with apple cider vinegar, ancho chile powder, and some cayenne. Between that and the cherry wood chunks it gave those ribs some awesome color.
You nailed it, fantastic looking ribs Bobby

Bobby those ribs are to die for and if doing them by the seat of your pants keep doing it that way. You need to post more cooks, looking forward to seeing some soon.

Back